I need help with a p4a

Reaction score
[/GALLERY]
I haven't seen much on the p4a plus and I am beginning to understand why no one buys one. I have been struggling with every step of getting this thing working, and after a day, I am about ready to box it up and throw it in the lake or return it.
Here is my current issue.
I have downloaded and updated all the firmware, controller and drone.
When I connect to my drone, where my map is, it says I need Google play on my droid to access the maps. When I click on it, it says "get Google play" so I click on it and everything crashes. When I try to download Google play from the internet, it says it can't because this device is not linked to Google.

Here are some photos.

Please help

Last edited:
I haven't seen much on the p4a and I am beginning to understand why no one buys one. I have been struggling with every step of getting this thing working, and after a day, I am about ready to box it up and throw it in the lake or return it.

When I connect to my drone, where my map is, it says I need Google play on my droid to access the maps. When I click on it, it says "get Google play" so I click on it and everything crashes. When I try to download Google play from the internet, it says it can't because this device is not linked to Google.
Lots of users fly the P4A and it's a fine machine with very few problems.
That all sounds a lot like you have a problem with your phone rather than the drone.
If you can't run the app, you can't fly the drone (with that phone).

Without opening the app open google play and d/l google play services
As I stated above, Google will not allow me to download it. When I search on the internet for 'Google play services ' every link I have found takes me to a generic Google play store on the web browser, not through the Google play app. Google will not allow me to download because the device is not linked to a 'Android ' device.
If you know of a link that will allow me to bypass this, please share.

If you Google DJI go 4 APK it will bring up a list, then click and download one of them

If you Google DJI go 4 APK it will bring up a list, then click and download one of them
This won't work with the P4A+ remote controller. APK files cannot be downloaded and executed.

@Funky123, which "System version" do you see listed in "Settings" (tap the gear icon at the top of the screen) --> "System Settings" --> "About Device".

These are the apps I have to choose from.

20171230_103329.jpg

When I go on line to download Google play, these are the messages I get
20171230_103452.jpg
20171230_103355.jpg

20171230_110233.jpg

Last edited:
Should I just pack this up and get a refund? Or a p4a that isn't a plus?
Or does anyone have any idea how I can get this working?

Did you try going into the remote controller settings and doing a factory reset?

Did you try going into the remote controller settings and doing a factory reset?
Just did a factory reset.
All is working perfect.
Thank you for helping me out.
I have no idea what is up with this thing, but after the reset, everything is working the way it should be.
Thank you again.

Can you set up a gmail acct then get into thePlay Store?
The Goggle Play Store app cannot be installed on this device.

I also had a nightmare with it for my first 3 days, glad to see its working.

So, last night I ran the factory rest. All was good. I got up this morning and went to use it, and it told me I had an upgrade for the dji go 4 app to upgrade to version 4.1.15.
After running the update, I lost my map again. It gave me the same message that Google play is not installed.
So I ran the factory rest again. I am just going to avoid version 4.1.15 for now.

Reactions: Neon Euc
I had to reset the OS and then update the GO apps twice before I was able to fly as well. I don't have the Plus version just an Advanced with Crystalsky. I love it, currently looking into goggles to pair with the CS and AC

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl