I love this little bird, flying @ -5 = -20c With Picture

Reaction score
I have yet to chill the Phantom and/or batteries to that temp prior to flight. My fingers, yes, the phantom, no. I leave it in the heated vehicle prior to flight. Pull it out, plug it in, and get my 40 greens within a minute, thank goodness. Pops off the ground with ease and heads off into the sunset like a fart in a windstorm.

Saturday I was checking out a herd of Elk, about 300 (there's only about 50 in the picture and they are far off), and it was so freaking cold. When I started flying it was about 6 degrees, -14c, and there were no noticeable issues. Took off, nicely and cruised like a champ. Sound carries a great deal farther in dense air. But then again, when it's that cold, I pull the ears down on my hat so I can't hear it anyway.

Whole point of the post... The Phantom FC40 will fly just fine at temps below 0 F/-20c. Tickles me pink. I got months of this crap to live with :cry:

FOR TRADE: well used fc40 for small tropical island. Can deliver with numerous batteries, chargers, spare parts, broken parts, and a beautiful handcrafted "wall of shame" frame. The frame itself is worth close to $50 as it is made of woven sage brush with an occasional cactus fibre thrown in for strength.

Numerous bridges are available too... :lol: Hurry because they are selling fast.

Re: I love this little bird, it'll fly at 5 below zero = -20

Thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers_zps944255fd.jpg

Where are the Elk pichers!!!

Eeek jimandsue60, that picture is worth a thousand words :lol:

Here ya go, this is a herd of about 50 center/high in the frame. 2 hunters left of center, this is as close as I got.

Attachments

• Dave N Shawn.jpg
    Dave N Shawn.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 533

You make me miss Montana, but I think I would be flying waypoints while sitting in the truck :lol:

IflyinWY said:
Eeek jimandsue60, that picture is worth a thousand words :lol:

Here ya go, this is a herd of about 50 center/high in the frame. 2 hunters left of center, this is as close as I got.

Nice, I used to live in Steamboat Springs, Co. and miss seeing all the elk herds.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94