I have tried everything am almost ready to give up

Reaction score
Dug out my old phantom 4 .. The remote battery was dead. Bought new remote from dji dealer but it is a phantom 4 pro remote model GL300F ... The place where I bought the remote said to update the firmware of the remote. Unable to do it. Have tried everything in the book. Changed the name to phantom 4 in the app, still will not bind with the aircraft, or will not update however something odd ... the green light on the remote comes on intermittently for 2 seconds and turns read again when connected to the phantom 4 drone. When it does turn green my phone shows a video shot from the drone as if it is working and says weak signal, turns red again... move the drone waits for another green light and a new video pic again when it flashes green and red and off again. Almost ready to give up. Original cost about 1200 bucks with 2 batteries, and now a 500 dollar new remote from dji dealer ..getting close to 2 grand over the years with something that won't work. Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. Thanks Ken

Dug out my old phantom 4 .. The remote battery was dead. Bought new remote from dji dealer but it is a phantom 4 pro remote model GL300F ... The place where I bought the remote said to update the firmware of the remote. Unable to do it. Have tried everything in the book. Changed the name to phantom 4 in the app, still will not bind with the aircraft, or will not update however something odd ... the green light on the remote comes on intermittently for 2 seconds and turns read again when connected to the phantom 4 drone. When it does turn green my phone shows a video shot from the drone as if it is working and says weak signal, turns red again... move the drone waits for another green light and a new video pic again when it flashes green and red and off again. Almost ready to give up. Original cost about 1200 bucks with 2 batteries, and now a 500 dollar new remote from dji dealer ..getting close to 2 grand over the years with something that won't work. Any suggestions would sure be appreciated. Thanks Ken
You should return the remote or sell it and buy a GL300C remote. That is the model I use for my phantom 4. Once you pair the right remote it should be all good. The gl300f only works for the phantom 4 Pro. You MUST have the GL300C remote for your drone.

Here's one on eBay

Or you could remove battery back into your old remote from new rc,,,,
Screenshot_20190804-172947.jpg

Also you could delete and reinstall app,that should give prompts to update if need be,,this off me remote
1564907608496576791456.jpg
how are you trying to link ,with the app under rc linking ill attach a manual link aswell that not need app to link
Screenshot_20181017-182315.jpg
Screenshot_20190526-164922.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a 300 C in classified right now for $130. Great price shipped.They are the most common RC made for DJI phantom drones. Your 300F, for P4P, is one of a kind. And more $ but no go for P4.

Can I ask why, for the sake of a dead battery, did you buy a presumably new remote? Why not get a battery? I would guess they are readily available.
If you are even considering returning the 'new' remote can I suggest that you do not try opening it.

Can I ask why, for the sake of a dead battery, did you buy a presumably new remote? Why not get a battery? I would guess they are readily available.
If you are even considering returning the 'new' remote can I suggest that you do not try opening it.
Yeah, try to return it or sell it here on Phantom Pilots classified. I'm sure someone will want it and you can either use the money to buy a GL300C Remote or buy a battery with the correct voltage for your old remote and solder it in your old remote.

When you connect the remote controller to your mobile device, power it on, and start DJI GO (with the Phantom powered off), does DJI GO show the remote controller is connected?

You should return the remote or sell it and buy a GL300C remote. That is the model I use for my phantom 4. Once you pair the right remote it should be all good. The gl300f only works for the phantom 4 Pro. You MUST have the GL300C remote for your drone.

Here's one on eBay

Good News:
Mentioned my problem to a Canadian Company who sent me the new controller. They kept in contact as I tried to fix the problem myself, and then asked me to pack up the drone and remote and send it all to them to look at.

I did and got back the good news. It is on its way back to me and all they did was update everything and it all bound ok.

I did try to update everything but for some reason my update attempts never ended with the words "update completed" ...

anyway, it is on its way back to me now and will probably get it some time next week all ready to go.

Thanks to all for your kind suggestions and to Phantom Pilots for allowing me to vent my frustration. Happy Flying from GrampaKenCanada

That antenna thing is HUGE! you also have a lot of stickers on that thing! Are they helpful? I honestly just memorized what everything does on mine. And also how much extra range do you get with the behemoth antenna?
I have never tried long range but it fly way out off my sight very easy but I do keep it close nowadays,I hated to 2 antenna that poke out the top,my device used to sit on top of them,this panel was best thing I did,,my device Samsung 10/1 so you know you holding remote,I do you neck brace for it just cause the weight,,the main purpose was to have transmission free problems and no disconnects and works flawless,,can get amps to boost them but not needed,heavy now,,I do keep a new stock remote working so I can just link either but can see that getting treatment too

15 Aug 2019

Sent my drone and transmitter to a company, and they were able to bind the transmitter with the drone and sent it back to me. It works perfectly now. Thanks for all your input into the original problem.
Happy Flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic