I have a question about the phantom 4 pro plus landing

Reaction score
I used to film with a phantom 3 standard, and I never worried about landing on pavement because the phantom 3 standard hovered above the ground right before the legs touched down, so the motors kind of made it land real softly and I never thought about it causing any damage to anything. I now have upgraded to the phantom 4 pro plus, and it's awsome I love it, the only thing that worries me is that when it lands on the pavement or asfault out in my driveway where I takeoff, it seems to go strate down without slowing and hovering to a land, but more abrupt landing where it plops onto the pavement and I was wondering is this good for the inner parts of the drone? Will this hurt my drone landing with a thud like the p4p+ does? Or am I just too used to the phantom 3s soft landing and am worrying too much?

Bottom line cure....Turn off the VPS.

Land softer, hover at 1 foot then lower it to a light landing.
My P4P will bounce, if I don't take care for the last foot.
I saw a guy's video, new P4P out of box, it landed softly, even with full down stick, not sure why the difference?

Hard landing is definitely not good for your phantom.

Thankyou everybody, I believe I am going to learn how to catch the drone in my hand and shut the motors off rather than worrying about the two times I landed it with the RTH landing sequence and it land rather abruptly, but I didn't think of turning the VPN off so I may try that in the future as well as landing it myself because I was pretty good at that with my phantom three standard (even though it lands softly on the RTH), I was also able to land it pretty softly myself. So thankyou everyone for your input I will definitely try your suggestions in the meantime, while learning the catch landing.

I land on a rubber pad, about 30x30 inches, with a big X on it.
Hand catch is great, but I have had my share of propeller bites.
Still, you should be able to land it yourself, just a good idea.

I land on a rubber pad, about 30x30 inches, with a big X on it.
Hand catch is great, but I have had my share of propeller bites.
Still, you should be able to land it yourself, just a good idea.
Where did you get this landing pad, I ordered one on amazon, haven't got it yet but it's just a circle that has a T on it or something and comes with stakes to stake it down but does not look like it's rubber, so I would love to hear where you got yours and what brand it is, please sir. Thankyou.

Where did you get this landing pad, I ordered one on amazon, haven't got it yet but it's just a circle that has a T on it or something and comes with stakes to stake it down but does not look like it's rubber, so I would love to hear where you got yours and what brand it is, please sir. Thankyou.
I just used a square of foam for floors, like concrete, for weight lifters. A package at Wal-Mart, 6 or 8, was under $10, I have had them a while. About 1/2 inch thick.
You can put several together to make a large pad. Kind of a puzzle type edges that link together. I just used 1,

I just used a square of foam for floors, like concrete, for weight lifters. A package at Wal-Mart, 6 or 8, was under $10, I have had them a while. About 1/2 inch thick.
You can put several together to make a large pad. Kind of a puzzle type edges that link together. I just used 1,
Thankyou very much, I already ordered a landing pad last week but I will also test these out and do a comparison. Thankyou for you answer.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
canadiansauna