I guess DJI's next drone ( Phantom 5)..

Whatever the details are concerning the restrictions in the latest Phamtom 4/Mavic releases the one certain thing is a trend towards greater control over where/when drones can be flown, ID beacons, etc. In truth I'm not sure it's fair to blame DJI as this is almost inevitable as the number and capabilities of consumer drones increases. I think you can be virtually certain that the P5 will have both more secure firmware and perhaps hardware encryption to prevent tampering (as has been present in smartphones, motor vehicle ECUs, etc. for some time now.) There will be no mods to allow disabling of NFZs and altitude limits in models beyond the P4/Mavic, of that you can be sure.
I doubt they'll go that far as long as they show an effort to make it hard for people to hack their product they should be OK legally,anything can be hacked for some thats how they get their rocks off...

I doubt they'll go that far as long as they show an effort to make it hard for people to hack their product they should be OK legally,anything can be hacked for some thats how they get their rocks off...
Anything can be hacked, anything can be stolen, yada yada, but the critical question is always 'at what effort'? It is trivially easy to lock down firmware or include hardware encryption to the point that hacking would be impractical. In fact the only reason we have hacks for the current line of products is that DJI was extremely careless in the way they went about things. I'm only saying... don't expect that to happen with the P5 and Mavic 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94