I Figured Out 4K Processing... What a Difference!

Reaction score
I use Adobe Premiere for video creation from my aerial photography... My first video was simply a quick test, and I used the standard settings of Premiere:

My second video, I took the time to research 4K capabilities and how to set the export feature to save in true 4K:

Notice the obvious resolution differences... And, that it properly fills the screen.

Reactions: Mike2A
Impressive that you have your Part 107 with less the 4 hrs flight time. Used to hike and rock climb near Brunswick, pretty area for drone flying.

Impressive that you have your Part 107 with less the 4 hrs flight time. Used to hike and rock climb near Brunswick, pretty area for drone flying.
My drone is one week old, and I am creeping up on six hours now... I have often thought about charging for photography and a Google search told me the Part 107 would be a must... So, I focused on studying for that and took it. I'm glad to get it under my belt. Now I can focus solely on UAV practice, photography, and business ideas.

My latest 4K video is a flight over the Potomac River with a revealing riser to view Brunswick from the river's edge. It was a little spooky, because the gusts were 25+ and a drop in the Potomac would not end well...

Woah that's a massive difference!
I'm paying for premiere pro, but still using iMovie...
I need to get my shirt together

I use Adobe Premiere for video creation from my aerial photography... My first video was simply a quick test, and I used the standard settings of Premiere:

My second video, I took the time to research 4K capabilities and how to set the export feature to save in true 4K:

Notice the obvious resolution differences... And, that it properly fills the screen.

Any tips for me? Im usinf final cut pro x but find that im not setting something right because i have small black lines top and bottom?

Any tips for me? Im usinf final cut pro x but find that im not setting something right because i have small black lines top and bottom?
I do not know Final Cut. However, are you setting your output to be 3840×2160 at 30fps? I wonder if your somehow (accidentally) cropping, based on a preset resolution setting? That was one of my problems. The software defaults to a lower resolution.

I do not know Final Cut. However, are you setting your output to be 3840×2160 at 30fps? I wonder if your somehow (accidentally) cropping, based on a preset resolution setting? That was one of my problems. The software defaults to a lower resolution.

I think I was exporting at 4096 x 2160 and it should be 4096 x 2304.

nope that didnt work?, what am i doing lol

I will try the 3840 x 2160 settings.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20