One video uploaded at 4K, the other at 360P (same settings). Why?

Reaction score
I've been working on a couple of videos to upload to Facebook today. One looks great. Perfect, clear video when I view it on FB. It looks the same as when I view it from my hard drive. The second looks great when viewed from my drive but isn't as clear after I uploaded it to FB with the same settings. Both videos were saved with the same settings in Premiere Pro. I then tried to save them with different settings to see if there was any difference - (Facebook 4K, Youtube 4K and Match source). The only difference I see is FB 4K and YouTube 4K are 3840 x 2160. Matched source is 4096 x 2160.

I then uploaded them to YouTube. One video can be viewed up to 4K. The other one can be seen with a best resolution of 360P. Does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Often if I watch a video I just uploaded to YouTube its initially appears in 360P. Generally after a few minutes YouTube seems to further process the video and then it views in HD. Maybe thats whats happening.

When I hit the gear icon on these videos I get the option to up it to 720p

When I hit the gear icon on these videos I get the option to up it to 720p
Sounds like that's all that was uploaded. Try uploading a different video and upload it at 1080p 60FPS.

I find that the resolution starts at around 360p after I upload to YouTube then gradually works up to 2160. Looking at the videos above, the gear icon gives me an option to go up to 1080 but I get 2160 when I view them on YouTube.

As for Facebook which is my main audience, the lighthouse video is beautiful. The other one doesn't have the resolution that it should. Again, they both look great when I view them from my hard drive. I uploaded both videos to one of my personal FB accounts about 30 minutes ago. Both showed up to Auto 1080p and now the lighthouse video has an option for 1440. I'm going to leave them up there for a little while to see if the resolution takes a while to increase like it does on YouTube. It shouldn't though. Most of the videos I upload to FB look good. I just have a problem once in awhile.

1.jpg

Reactions: 3rdof5

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl