I crashed.. not sure why.

Wow.. looks like I was purposely looking to crash. That log shows quite a bit. Thanks!
If you haven’t already try and read the manual cover to cover at least twice and consider spending a few hours on the simulator. Conduct your early flights in wide open spaces. You will be on top of this in no time.

Hopefully your first lesson wasn't too expensive
:)

;)Only obvious damage was one prop broke it’s end off. I had to fly to AZ, so I wasn’t able to test it or the camera. I was pretty lucky!! Thanks!

Once you lost all the satellites it switched to ATTI mode. If you haven't read up on that mode you need to. Also get some height and try it out. In ATTI it won't hold in place. If you give it left or right stick input on the right stick then the drone will travel in that direction until you stop it with the opposite direction. You cannot depend on always having the satellites like happened in your case. It can get away from you real quick. I suspect that is what happened at the end. If it were me I would do an IMU calibration and make sure you calibrate the compass away from any metals.

You should be good to go then. Like others have said get out in the open. You certainly have plenty of space to do that.

Good luck.

Reactions: Rodee34
Once you lost all the satellites it switched to ATTI mode. If you haven't read up on that mode you need to. Also get some height and try it out. In ATTI it won't hold in place. If you give it left or right stick input on the right stick then the drone will travel in that direction until you stop it with the opposite direction. You cannot depend on always having the satellites like happened in your case. It can get away from you real quick. I suspect that is what happened at the end. If it were me I would do an IMU calibration and make sure you calibrate the compass away from any metals.

You should be good to go then. Like others have said get out in the open. You certainly have plenty of space to do that.

Good luck.

No - it didn't switch to ATTI mode until after the collision. That wasn't what caused the crash. See post #11.

Rodee 34 :......i sent you a very important PM....please read it...when you have time...Thanks.

Reactions: Rodee34
It says atti mode, reason one I never ever auto takeoff or land so many crashes.Did it auto takeoff in atti mode that what I see.

Rodee 34 :......i sent you a very important PM....please read it...when you have time...Thanks.

Thanks! I did see your message just now (just got home from AZ... headed to Iowa today till Thursday..) Before I take her out again, I will double-check that!! Appreciate all advice!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31