I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work!

Re: I can't get my gimbal wheel on my new controller to work

backcountrymedic said:
AlTiTuDe06 said:
Mine is 2d

Anyone else? I'm wondering if that might be the problem.

I hope not.... If it is I hope it can be resolved with a firmware update...I really like the idea the scroll wheel

Mine is vision+
The dial returns to its center position when I release it
The camera tilts VERY smoothly in the corresponding direction the dial is turned
The speed it travels is smoothly increased corresponding with how much the dial is turned
Camera movement Stops when dial is released

ANY jitter in gimbal was resolved after correct setup.
Reports in various threads indicates some are doing firmware changes to the new controller. Mine came with the firmware that is correct for the new controller only.
I have upgraded everything to newest releases including the gimbal. It is my understanding that the old gimbal firmware needs the old controller and the newer gimbal firmware is used with the new controller with it's new firmware. If these are not right then the entire process will fail.

I can only report on the vision+

If it is a firmware issue with the h3-2d.... Where would we fwd the Info too?

My next guess is to contact DJI. I'm over the calibration dance. I've done everything exactly as instructed, and I still have the behavior. Everyone that seems to have success is using a Vision+ or H3-3D. If anyone has had success with the 2D, I'd really love to hear about it.

Does anyone know if there's factory reset procedure for the h3-2d like there is for the 3d?

bouvier said:
Mine is vision+
The dial returns to its center position when I release it
The camera tilts VERY smoothly in the corresponding direction the dial is turned
The speed it travels is smoothly increased corresponding with how much the dial is turned
Camera movement Stops when dial is released

ANY jitter in gimbal was resolved after correct setup.
Reports in various threads indicates some are doing firmware changes to the new controller. Mine came with the firmware that is correct for the new controller only.
I have upgraded everything to newest releases including the gimbal. It is my understanding that the old gimbal firmware needs the old controller and the newer gimbal firmware is used with the new controller with it's new firmware. If these are not right then the entire process will fail.

I can only report on the vision+

+1. Mine is perfect since getting the proper procedure from you and Mopar Bob.

Mine scrolls very smoothly as well when looking at the Phantom Assistant, unfortunately the gimbal does not move. I'm hoping to talk with DJI tomorrow to see if there is anything I can do, if not, off it goes.

I think I got lucky from the sounds of things. I had quite a time trying to update everything, jumping back and forth from the RC Assistant to the Phantom Assistant, but finally got it set up. I think someone earlier in this post gave the correct sequence and once you work through it, you realize it shouldn't have been a big deal.

I set my gimbal to REV rather than NORMAL. I like REV because if I pull back on the dial it lowers the camera, same as pulling back on the left stick drops altitude. NORMAL seems backward to me but to each his own.

I'm very impressed with the new RC. The gimbal dial makes for nice video footage, very smooth and you can keep your fingers on the controllers without having to screw around with the phone. I also like that the left stick locks down which makes it much easier to shut down the bird, especially when grabbing it out of the air. Another plus is the internal battery for the RC and the charge indicator.

I read somewhere that the new updates slowed everything down but I can't find any fault at all with the updates and the new controller. Everything works incredibly well and I'm amazed that for just north of $100 the new RC offers so much.

I just got around to opening up the box for my new 5.8ghz. There is no manual! I looked on the DJI downloads page, and I still don't see any kind of manual for the new TX. Am I missing something?

I guess I will just follow Mopar Bob's instructions above (5th page of this thread), but I am kind of surprised that there appears to be absolutely no documentation from DJI. Seems very very strange.

erikgraham said:
I just got around to opening up the box for my new 5.8ghz. There is no manual! I looked on the DJI downloads page, and I still don't see any kind of manual for the new TX. Am I missing something?

I guess I will just follow Mopar Bob's instructions above (5th page of this thread), but I am kind of surprised that there appears to be absolutely no documentation from DJI. Seems very very strange.

I too thought there would be some documentation with the controller or on the DJI website. Once again, I couldn't do it without this website. Page 5 is the key. I think once you get it set up you will love it. If DJI would just provide a little straightforward guidance they would have a lot more happy customers. I feel their product is incredible, just their implementation lacks (customer support, instructions.) I personally have been very happy with their upgrades. Yes, the updates are frequent but things are changing by the minute in this field.

Open the box as soon as you get it. When I received mine, I found the unit was turned on during shipment.

I've contacted and spoken with DJI this morning. The thought at this point is that it's a software problem with the H3-2D gimbal, and that a patch might fix it. The support ticket is open and pending. I'll keep you updated as it progresses.

backcountrymedic said:
I've contacted and spoken with DJI this morning. The thought at this point is that it's a software problem with the H3-2D gimbal, and that a patch might fix it. The support ticket is open and pending. I'll keep you updated as it progresses.

That's great that you had contact with them....I have submitted an email as well... Hopefully we can get this resolved...I believe it is a software possible as well...

AlTiTuDe06 said:
backcountrymedic said:

That's great that you had contact with them....I have submitted an email as well... Hopefully we can get this resolved...I believe it is a software possible as well...

I've emailed them and called them. Got shuttled off to the Copter Shop in Washington State, who did not answer the phone, just asked me to leave a message. No response to my email. I flew my Vision Plus yesterday. Flies perfectly. Just has a dead gimbal. Very frustrating.

I've emailed them and called them. Got shuttled off to the Copter Shop in Washington State, who did not answer the phone, just asked me to leave a message. No response to my email. I flew my Vision Plus yesterday. Flies perfectly. Just has a dead gimbal. Very frustrating.

Call the LA phone number, wait to get into the phone tree, then press 3 followed by 5. That'll get you to DJI. But be prepared to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee or two. Hold time is forever.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj