I Become Frightened

Reaction score
Been a while since checking in here. Been enjoying my P3P with no issues. Came here today and after reading any/all latest topics I’m paranoid to fly again due to the doom n gloom of issues with everything possible. Must stop reading and go enjoy.

Reactions: Royr1957
We all stopped powering on our Phantoms due to the fact they make horrible angry bee sounds and flit about in unpredictable angles.

Reactions: stealthbomber
Always remember. What goes up must come down.

Reactions: stealthbomber
I fly a P4A for business. I have been on IOS 10.3.3 and Go 4. 4.1.17 for MONTHS and MONTHS. I did not go thru the IOS fiasco nor the Go 4 ‘catch up’. I studied all media pertinent to both.

When IOS 11.3 came out, it received the most positive results for Apple users since 10.3.3 went away! There was very little comment on Go 4 4.2.8 (new release at the time).

I updated my IPhone 7 Plus to IOS 11.3 and Go 4 4.2.8 and used it as a sandbox for testing. My main display is a Ipad 2017, which was still using 10.3.3 and 4.1.17.

All went well with the 11.3/4.2.8. I am convinced, in my environment, it was stable. The next day I was to update my main device, Ipad 2017. It took 11.3 with no issues. When I went to update Go 4 I noticed a NEW version had come out, 4.2.12. I updated it and tested the next day. Stable.

I am pleased at this time that IOS 11.3 and Go 4.2.8/4.2.12 provide me a stable platform.

Who else was reading this waiting for the "and then" of "all of a sudden" part? :)

Thanks for posting your positive results with the newest updates. Folks are not as motivated to post when things go well, but these posts are helpful for folks trying to decide if they should update or not.

I fly a P4A for business. I have been on IOS 10.3.3 and Go 4. 4.1.17 for MONTHS and MONTHS. I did not go thru the IOS fiasco nor the Go 4 ‘catch up’. I studied all media pertinent to both.

When IOS 11.3 came out, it received the most positive results for Apple users since 10.3.3 went away! There was very little comment on Go 4 4.2.8 (new release at the time).

I updated my IPhone 7 Plus to IOS 11.3 and Go 4 4.2.8 and used it as a sandbox for testing. My main display is a Ipad 2017, which was still using 10.3.3 and 4.1.17.

All went well with the 11.3/4.2.8. I am convinced, in my environment, it was stable. The next day I was to update my main device, Ipad 2017. It took 11.3 with no issues. When I went to update Go 4 I noticed a NEW version had come out, 4.2.12. I updated it and tested the next day. Stable.

I am pleased at this time that IOS 11.3 and Go 4.2.8/4.2.12 provide me a stable platform.

I actually took the leap yesterday and updated everything. Knock on wood.... everything looks good. I flew for a full battery worth(20+minutes in 20+mph winds) to check everything out.

I did have an issue at first with my controller not connecting but I just went in and selected re-link and it hooked back up.

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
Been enjoying my P3P with no issues.

Me too!

And I love that giddy butterflies in the stomach feeling of sending it up and off... somewhat similar to, but a lot safer than, a short field takeoff or landing on a short grass strip in a Cessna 152 with tall pines at the other end... but i digress :cool:

Who else was reading this waiting for the "and then" of "all of a sudden" part? :)
Yes, I was waiting for the "all of a sudden" part in that story and also thinking that the P4A folks would probably appreciate that post in the P4 forums.

Last edited:
If we are not a little nervous of flights - then we are fool.

We are in a hobby that crap happens .... what we do is try to minimise the effects by checking AC .. fully charge batterys / controller ..... check wind .....

But occasionally **** happens ..................... if you cannot live with it - then another hobby is best answer ....

Sorry to be blunt - but its truth.

This video is my Biplane ... a machine that Demo'd Skyleader radio gear in UK ... the model is over 35yrs old .... the Elevator servo locked out - after the event analysis of video and checking gear vs what I know I did trying to avoid the crash.

Yes she is back in the air ... I spent many hours rebuilding as a labour of love ...

Nigel

Last edited:
If we are not a little nervous of flights - then we are fool.

We are in a hobby that crap happens .... what we do is try to minimise the effects by checking AC .. fully charge batterys / controller ..... check wind .....

But occasionally **** happens ..................... if you cannot live with it - then another hobby is best answer ....

Sorry to be blunt - but its truth.

This video is my Biplane ... a machine that Demo'd Skyleader radio gear in UK ... the model is over 35yrs old .... the Elevator servo locked out - after the event analysis of video and checking gear vs what I know I did trying to avoid the crash.

Yes she is back in the air ... I spent many hours rebuilding as a labour of love ...

Nigel
Nigel......I loved the videos and in the first video you held the RC unit right over head...i'm kinda wondering why ?......I have always loved "bipes" and the PT-17 Is My Favorite..then the " Stagger wing Beech craft ".......Thanks Nigel for the post and videos Cheers ! and i have sure missed you around here !

Yes, I was waiting for the "all of a sudden" part in that story and also thinking that the P4A folks would probably appreciate that post in the P4 forums.
My apologies........Didn’t pay close enough attention to where this went......

My apologies........Didn’t pay close enough attention to where this went......

Hey don't worry about it man lol... but you had me on the edge of my seat right up until:

Whew! :D

Now that's some fine flying right there... glad you got her back in the air!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man
I’ll see you guys again! I will be flying a P3A for an agency soon........LOL!

Nigel......I loved the videos and in the first video you held the RC unit right over head...i'm kinda wondering why ?......I have always loved "bipes" and the PT-17 Is My Favorite..then the " Stagger wing Beech craft ".......Thanks Nigel for the post and videos Cheers ! and i have sure missed you around here !

The Tx has a pendant on it and I was checking wind direction ...

Biplanes have character ..... love 'em.

Nigel

Reactions: Dave Billings
I usually reach down and grab some grass .....or dust LOL and toss it in the air to check wind directions !...yep that freq flag / pendant will work and better and you wont get dust in the much needed peeps for flying ! I hope to get a ride in a local based PT-17 some time.......i got a hop around the field one time in a PT-19 open cockpit !
Thanks Nigel :

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT