Hudson Valley NY

I am in the New City area, so Rockland County here. I would love to meet up with some people to fly. I have a Mavic Pro and a Phantom 4 Pro Plus.

Nanuet here. I work a lot and don’t fly anywhere near as much as I’d like. But I’d be open to doing some local fly meetup one day when it gets nicer out.

As you know with Rockland, it is not the best area to fly. Where do you typically get airtime?

I have a P3S modified with three Sunhans boosters and the DBS antenna.

I also have a few mini acro/fpv quads I like to play with occasionally.

Nanuet here. I work a lot and don’t fly anywhere near as much as I’d like. But I’d be open to doing some local fly meetup one day when it gets nicer out.

As you know with Rockland, it is not the best area to fly. Where do you typically get airtime?

I have a P3S modified with three Sunhans boosters and the DBS antenna.

I also have a few mini acro/fpv quads I like to play with occasionally.

I have an awesome place to fly in New City and I’ve been going to Bear Mountain too.

Hello all Hudson Valley droners, This is Hawkwind and I do most of my flights around Hopewell Junction and LaGrange, but occasionally venture to Great Sacandaga in the Adirondacks. I also fly around the Shandaken area in the Catskills and one of my favorite areas is the Shawangunks overlooking the Hudson Valley. Also on the other side of the Gunks towards Route 209 is another spectacular area. Anyone of the areas offer beautiful views and a fun flying experience. Try these areas, you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: oconnb
I'm in Mount Kisco, about 5 miles from the Hudson. I was wondering if the wind on the Hudson is a problem? I used to have a boat in Half Moon Bay in Croton and I know how strong the winds can be.
As far as the wind on the Hudson it's like anywhere else I've been disappointed a few times going all the way over there and then not being able to fly cuz it was a little too rough but I've had some spectacular days there where the wind was almost non-existent the river was like glass.

As far as the wind on the Hudson it's like anywhere else I've been disappointed a few times going all the way over there and then not being able to fly cuz it was a little too rough but I've had some spectacular days there where the wind was almost non-existent the river was like glass.

There is truth to this and really depends Inc the season. I think in spring summer when the wind shifts to from the south it’s not that bad. More of a breeze.
But late summer fall and winter (forget about it), the winds are bad!
I was by cold spring one day and that wind was insanely whipping down the river valley.

That said, I’ve had my P3S in some serious winds, probably in some cases where most would consider it a bad idea to fly. And I was fine.

Reactions: oconnb
Poughkeepsie here. Been flying fixed wing RC since the late 90's, and quads for maybe 4 years or so.

I started a part-time aerial photography operation last year called fliteEYES.com . It's been mostly real estate related jobs so far, with a smattering of other projects. Since it's a side job it's just been a couple jobs a month so far, and mostly on weekends, but at least it pays for new drones. :)

Poughkeepsie here. Been flying fixed wing RC since the late 90's, and quads for maybe 4 years or so.

I started a part-time aerial photography operation last year called fliteEYES.com . It's been mostly real estate related jobs so far, with a smattering of other projects. Since it's a side job it's just been a couple jobs a month so far, and mostly on weekends, but at least it pays for new drones. :)
That sounds pretty great! That's exactly what I'm aiming to start doing in the near future.

Hello,Don't know if you got my last 2 messages ,but welcome a board.I'm in Hopewell and have a P 4 and a P4P.Like to get together if possible.Checked out your web sight.Looks pretty cool.

Hello All,

If anyone is still looking to meet up to fly, i would love to find out some cool places to go. I have a P3S for about a year. Just picked up Mavic Air. I grew up in New City. Also looking to get my first licence so I can get paid to fly the drone and fly it for Fire Department needs.

Looking to meet up with pilots in the Hudson Valley area. Pretty new to the hobby. Would like to fly with other enthusiasts. Let me know.
Hi my name is John where do people fly around here and do you no any one that works on drones

Dji phantom professional tried to do update they said to do now they will not pair

Hello all Hudson Valley droners, This is Hawkwind and I do most of my flights around Hopewell Junction and LaGrange, but occasionally venture to Great Sacandaga in the Adirondacks. I also fly around the Shandaken area in the Catskills and one of my favorite areas is the Shawangunks overlooking the Hudson Valley. Also on the other side of the Gunks towards Route 209 is another spectacular area. Anyone of the areas offer beautiful views and a fun flying experience. Try these areas, you won't be disappointed.

I don't fly much anymore. Well I bought my first drone late 2016, but has since became a dad.
I've flown kaaterskill Falls, bear mountain & the bronx river about a foot off the water between the trees.
I do plan on getting back out this spring and summer though and would love to join any future meetups..

The world's biggest drone photo and video sharing platform | SkyPixel.com

These links lead some more videos on Sky pixels, I had a lot more but have since deleted some

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik