Hudson Valley NY

Looking to meet up with pilots in the Hudson Valley area. Pretty new to the hobby. Would like to fly with other enthusiasts. Let me know.
Hello
I have a Phantom 2 v2 coming Wednesday

I'm an hour or two from Hudson valley

Which phantom do you have? Any FPV capability?

I'm just going to start with the 2 with a gopro 4black and wait on a fpv system

Matthew

From the HV - New Paltz/Newburgh area specifically. Flying a P3P and fairly new to any type of aerial RC.
With all the small airports around, its not easy finding a place to fly.

Looking to meet up with pilots in the Hudson Valley area. Pretty new to the hobby. Would like to fly with other enthusiasts. Let me know.
Hi.. am up in the Saratoga area every couple of weeks... always bring my P3 with me.. Would like to get together for a meet... are there any AMA clubs in the area that anyone knows?

Fishkill, NY here. 24 whole minutes of experience on a P3A.
I'm a mile south of the Dutchess County Airport exclusion zone.
But that dopey FAA B4UFLY shows 3 heliports near me. That's news to me and I've lived here for 37 years.
Anyway I'm 65 and retired so I can meet up fairly easily.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Introduction from Rockland County. I work in the city but I grew up in the HV and have family from the city up to Saratoga. I'm new to drones as of this summer and loving it. Into RC hobbies for 30+ years. Did not take me long to mod my P3S by adding in the DBS antenna and Sunhans amps.

Knowing the HV region and for anyone else who does; we all know the beauty it possesses. I have so many places I want to fly, and not nearly enough time to get to it all. So I'll just go along as I can, and perhaps come back to this thread and post photos of some areas I photograph. I'll be sure to bring my bird to all family visits and do some shoots. Maybe others should too to share?

Welcome!

You should write up the mods that you've done

Matthew

Introduction from Rockland County. I work in the city but I grew up in the HV and have family from the city up to Saratoga. I'm new to drones as of this summer and loving it. Into RC hobbies for 30+ years. Did not take me long to mod my P3S by adding in the DBS antenna and Sunhans amps.

Knowing the HV region and for anyone else who does; we all know the beauty it possesses. I have so many places I want to fly, and not nearly enough time to get to it all. So I'll just go along as I can, and perhaps come back to this thread and post photos of some areas I photograph. I'll be sure to bring my bird to all family visits and do some shoots. Maybe others should too to share?

Reactions: longdog
Here's the setup I've got so far. I'm thinking of bird side antenna mods next. So far I made it 13,203ft which included my launch over about 1000-1500 feet of land and many houses/wifi's and then the next 2+ miles into the Atlantic. It was dark out so the video is not all that great but it was quite exciting!

Here is a video of the prior flight where I was doing a two mile text run (taken last week while on vacation in the Outer Banks NC):

Unfortunately, no real good hudson valley flights to report since I am that new.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hey Guys - Piermont NY here- Looking for places/flyers to fly in Hudson Valley/Northern NJ. Am retired and usually free anytime

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Cool, welcome!
Thank you, I'm around weekends if anyone wants to meet up and fly, there's not many places near me with the Kingston airport, Rhinebeck airdrome and a bunch of farm/private airports/helipads around

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Hi guys anybody here from westchester county,NY I live in Yonkers,NY if anybody's close by and wants to fly together or suggest any good fields,Parks or piers around my area? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20