Huawei M3 Mediapad with DJI go & Litchi?

Reaction score
Guys
Some of you may recall a recent thread that concluded that I needed a better tablet to run Litchi. Well I now have a Huawei M3 Mediapad and started usng it today.
At first I couldn't get Go or Litch connected but with perseverance I got Go running. I then managed to get Litchi running but only after completely removing Go from the tablet.
I need more time to resolve this but wonder if anyone using this tablet is able to run Litchi with Go also installed (but force stopped)?
If necessary I will just run Litchi on this new tablet.

I need more time to resolve this but wonder if anyone using this tablet is able to run Litchi with Go also installed
This could be one of those devices which will not run Litchi with Go installed. Even Litchi mentions this fact. This may not be on the list, but could very well be added.

I agree it's not listed and given that this was a recommended tablet from litchi I thought it should be listed if applicable.

I just ordered one I will let you know how I go . Did you buy the 8.4 or he Lite version ?

Hiwayman,

Sorry to hear you're having problems running both apps on the M3 Mediapad. I don't have Litchi installed, but I am running Go and Go4 apps without any issues. I know, not the same as what you're doing. I'm discovering the M3 has some quirks to it but I didn't realize that was one of them. This would be good information for anyone using the M3 and thinking about installing both Go and Litchi on that device. I believe @msinger has the M3 also. You might ask him, if he has both apps installed, is he having any issues.

At first I couldn't get Go or Litch connected but with perseverance I got Go running. I then managed to get Litchi running but only after completely removing Go from the tablet.
I need more time to resolve this but wonder if anyone using this tablet is able to run Litchi with Go also installed (but force stopped)?
If necessary I will just run Litchi on this new tablet.
I use the M3 and have DJI Go, Litchi and DroneDeploy all installed on the tablet.
i-Wn5MWmz-M.png

I haven't noticed any issues at all regarding Litchi and all the apps work perfectly and co-exist happily.
I doubt that the tablet is the problem.
I agree it's not listed and given that this was a recommended tablet from litchi I thought it should be listed if applicable.
DJI's list is far from complete and rarely updated.
They never listed the Nvidia K1 which was widely regarded by users as the best flying tablet in its day.

I read in a post (that I am having trouble finding now) that you need to remove all unnecessary apps.I remember him saying that the Huawei installed apps go without much kicking and screaming unlike Samsung.

I read in a post (that I am having trouble finding now) that you need to remove all unnecessary apps.I remember him saying that the Huawei installed apps go without much kicking and screaming unlike Samsung.
The M3 just works well out of the box.
It isn't overloaded with its own apps.
I haven't uninstalled any.
It's a delight to use, great screen, speakers you can hear, boots quickly, long battery life and runs DJI Go 4 without a glitch.
The worst I could say about it is that you have to mount it a little off-centre because of the power button placement.

Reactions: snownut
I appreciate all the comments gents and from what Meta4 says it looks promising...As I said I need more time to have another go at running both aps, I had to do other things yesterday.
I will update this when I have tried again.

I also run both Litchi and Go/Go4 on the M3 Lite (bargain cut-down M3 model) but you definitely need to restart tablet and run the memory scrubber beforehand (Go is especially touchy). Once linked I found it happy all day.

When I got the M3 Lite I removed anything that I didn't need.

Last edited:
You do NOT need to do anything special to get Go & Litchi working together, besides Not assigning the USB to either app automatically, make it ask each time,
job done.
hth

My M3 8.4 (not lite) has been nearly perfect since day one... the first day I had it, I installed and flew with both GO and Litchi. No uninstalling one to get the other to run, no need to 'kill' one app before you run the other, no rebooting necessary.

I bought a thin clear cover for mine which prevents the power button from being pressed by the tablet mount, so no need to mount it off center.

Best flight tablet I've ever had. And mine is not 'reserved for flying only', I use it for everything and carry it with me everywhere.

I use the M3 and have DJI Go, Litchi and DroneDeploy all installed on the tablet.
i-Wn5MWmz-M.png

I haven't noticed any issues at all regarding Litchi and all the apps work perfectly and co-exist happily.
I doubt that the tablet is the problem.

DJI's list is far from complete and rarely updated.
They never listed the Nvidia K1 which was widely regarded by users as the best flying tablet in its day.
Hello meta4, could you please tell us huawei android version, dji go4 app version, and the firmware version you are running in p4p?
I'm running in my m3 8.4 android 6, dji go 4.1.4, aircraft 01.04.0602, quite happy with it, but litchi sometimes does not complete spherical panos, and sometimes radar position is missmatched. Thanks in advance!

Well I appear to be connected with both Go and Litchi today. I found that disconnecting the USB and reconnecting it gave me the option to connect to either....so many thanks for your replies.
I just needed reassurance that I wasn't persevering with something that had already proved impossible...:)
Keep up the good work guys!

Reactions: umanbean
Instead of having to disconnect the cable from the tablet every time, try this:

Exit the app you're in, go or litchi
Power off the RC
Open your recent apps window and tap the trash can icon
With the tablet still plugged in, power on the RC
On mine, a window pops up asking me which app I want
Touch the app name, touch 'just once'

This works for me every time

Instead of having to disconnect the cable from the tablet every time, try this:

Exit the app you're in, go or litchi
Power off the RC
Open your recent apps window and tap the trash can icon
With the tablet still plugged in, power on the RC
On mine, a window pops up asking me which app I want
Touch the app name, touch 'just once'

This works for me every time

Thank you...I will try that :)

Tried mine today .I was having trouble with litchi on my Samsung tab s I was getting a sttuter in the video feed every 10seconds or so tried everything to illuminate it .It is 90% gone with the M3 and there is a bit of waviness in the fed at times which is new and there does seem to be a sequence you need to follow to get it to conect to the AC
It is a very nice tablet and well made .It came with Android 7 and I'm not keen on rolling it back at this stage .Just wondering what version was on those that worked straight out of the box or if it is relevant anyway ?

It came with Android 7 and I'm not keen on rolling it back at this stage .Just wondering what version was on those that worked straight out of the box or if it is relevant anyway ?

Mine came with Android 7.0 and works just fine. It also came with EMUI 4.x and within a week or two it wanted to update to 5.x

Because everything was working so well, I put it off for about a month, but finally let it update... no problems.

The first thing I did was enable Developer Options and make a few changes there... can't remember exactly what right now. After I got those and some OS tweaks just right it's been perfect ever since.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunningWithScissors
Thanks . I will persist and hopefully I can get it to work perfectly.The strange thing is that it will run my P3S perfectly but not the P3A
This is probably a hint to the problem for someone in the know a mystery to me though.
Is there a way to change or make the voice in Litchi (one of my favourite features ) clearer .I see where you can change the language (says Australian English unsupported ,geezz maaaate:() It sounds very robotic and fuzzy not clear at all.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1