How to Use Dashware

Reaction score
Can anyone point me to a simple tutorial as far as how to use Dashware with the P3P? Years ago (when you had to pay for it) I used it for cycling, but have no idea about how to data from the P3P into Dashware. Thanks.

I started using it last week, loaded a video and a data file (converted to flytrex form via the converter at UAV forecast) played with the sync and swapped out the gauges and created the video. I believe there are videos on the dashware site to help you.

I guess that's what I'm not familiar with - the source/format/necessary conversion of the flight data.

Open DashWare and push the help on left up corner. There you find good tutorial how to select video, flight log, gauges... I made it first time, by using this tutorial.

Reactions: Allezdada
Sorry to jump into this thread, but for me Dashware works fine up to the creation of the video with the gauges. It crashes immediately.

Not sure if this is related : the gauges do not show full time when I preview the video. They only show up for a fraction of a second every 5 to 10 seconds....

Sorry to jump into this thread, but for me Dashware works fine up to the creation of the video with the gauges. It crashes immediately.

Not sure if this is related : the gauges do not show full time when I preview the video. They only show up for a fraction of a second every 5 to 10 seconds....
Found a solution.
Dashware cannot really deal with 4K videos. Once the video has been converted to HD, everything is fine !

Anything else you need to know?

startdata.jpg

Reactions: Matt Gray
Anything else you need to know?

View attachment 21731
Thanks flyNfrank, but I don't have of those fields in my CSV file. Maybe I've done something wrong - I've taken the flight data TXT file from the app on my IPhone and have run it through the log converter at flylitchi.com. The output only has about a dozen fields in it, lon/lat, altitude, speed, distance etc. Nothing relating to the controller etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

Found a solution.
Dashware cannot really deal with 4K videos. Once the video has been converted to HD, everything is fine !
Had the same issue. I was able to get it to output 1080 from the 4K but can't get it to run when outputting the 4k. In the future I think I'll set up the gauges on a blank background export that and lay it in over the footage. This way I'll have more control over the video in premiere instead of being stuck with what is essentially raw footage.

Thanks flyNfrank, but I don't have of those fields in my CSV file. Maybe I've done something wrong - I've taken the flight data TXT file from the app on my IPhone and have run it through the log converter at flylitchi.com. The output only has about a dozen fields in it, lon/lat, altitude, speed, distance etc. Nothing relating to the controller etc.

Am I doing something wrong?

The flylitchi website currently only focuses on the common data categories for dashware, and mirrors Flytrex's data profile. There are other websites that convert the files in greater detail. However, most all of them have a ways to go to being dialed in with displaying data correctly in each column.

Reactions: Matt Gray
The flylitchi website currently only focuses on the common data categories for dashware, and mirrors Flytrex's data profile. There are other websites that convert the files in greater detail. However, most all of them have a ways to go to being dialed in with displaying data correctly in each column.

Thank you. Any chance you could point me to these alternative websites?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers