How to Use Dashware

Thanks everyone for the priceless information!

I'm thinking about flying in a box shape at the start of each flight to make the sync easier. Anyone do something like this to ease the sync process?

I use the pitch data to get the exact point of launch. On that line I side scroll to the local time display column and take note. I then add a gauge that shows the local time and match it up. It takes like 29 seconds to do this complete process.

If you haven't noticed you probably have no gauges setup for the UAVFORECAST Log Profile. I'm strapped for time at the moment but I just want you to know there is extremely easy fix for this. I will share it soon as I get a chance.

Reactions: Hono
That video is of the Dashware Guru and belongs to him. I have yet to get that gauge myself. But I did attach a file here that is badass though. Install it and use it with a comprehensive.csv file and let me know what you think.
hey frank cool gauge. can i ask dash guru for the gauge or ask if its ok to share here?

also is it possible to add audio track in dw?

Saw the video with stick position and pitch/roll gauges and thought it looks cool so I made my own. Also edited the existing compass gauge to show the Phantom spinning.

Krisu,would you mind to share your stick position and pitch/roll gauges?Thanks!it is so cool!

Krisu,would you mind to share your stick position and pitch/roll gauges?Thanks!it is so cool!
The folders go to Documents\Dashware\Gauges. The gauges use the UAVForecast profile.

Attachments

• DashwareGauges.zip
    102.2 KB · Views: 527
Reactions: Hono
The folders go to Documents\Dashware\Gauges. The gauges use the UAVForecast profile.
Thanks krisu! Since your a dw pro.. Could you help us by taking Franks gauge layout and break it down to its components? It's one big gauge but it'll be nice if we could use parts of it.

Also, I tried to save the video and is said it'll take about 5 hours.. Is that normal?

Thanks krisu! Since your a dw pro.. Could you help us by taking Franks gauge layout and break it down to its components? It's one big gauge but it'll be nice if we could use parts of it.

Also, I tried to save the video and is said it'll take about 5 hours.. Is that normal?
Not sure which gauge you mean but you can simply select the gauge and then click the clone button. Open the cloned gauge and delete the stuff you don't want and save.

Sure sounds like a long time. It depends on your CPU. For me it takes about 20 mins to render a full flight video with an Intel i5 4670k @4.2GHz

Is it possible to add the home point on the map gauge? I'm also trying to add the way points where the pictures were taken on the map but it appears dw can't handle it - any ideas?

30secs, I can help with that as it only takes seconds to adjust. But I will need to make a screen shot to explain it easier.

Krisu, I hope you don't if I use your gauge or possibly modify it some after I get a chance to look at it better. I have tried asking FDNYfish for a copy of his a number of times with no luck. I actually made a P3P-pitch gauge the other night and put is in a dashware video I'm almost finished with. It works very nice for what I made it for.

I just want to say I love the work you guys do to have awesome videos. It's incredible what we can showcase with these addons. Thank you! (And please keep it going :))

Last edited:
30secs, I can help with that as it only takes seconds to adjust. But I will need to make a screen shot to explain it easier.

Krisu, I hope you don't if I use your gauge or possibly modify it some after I get a chance to look at it better. I have tried asking FDNYfish for a copy of his a number of times with no luck. I actually made a P3P-pitch gauge the other night and put is in a dashware video I'm almost finished with. It works very nice for what I made it for.

This is the one many of you have been waiting to find out about!

Now that data logger and logging options have popped up a lot since there now many app choices out there. We finding our pilots not able to use gauges that been around. And many find out that Dashware is not user friendly with being a 1-2-3 click and go program. The best advice for 1st time users is to dive in and experiment. Start with something you're familiar with and work backwards to see how it works. You will waste more time posting a question waiting for answers then if you just put a little effort into it.

Before making any changes with something you know works, copy it 1st. There is a clone feature for the Gauges that you can change the name or even add a number in front or at the end of the name.

What you will learn from the image I added is, not only getting existing gauges to work, but that you really should have a gauge for each Logger Profile you use. Reason for this is, logger profiles which are created by Log Converter's such as djilogs.com use different data names. So rather than modifying each gauge every time you use it, just save a cloned version for each profile. Example, you one for flytrex profile and one for say UAVFORECAST, ect.

IN the image below you are actually seeing the current working setup for the Log Profile UAVFORECAST. The Gauge Input Mapper box had totally different names in the Data Value: selections.

1) Here you select and highlight the gauge being edited. I have a red arrow by itself pointing at the gauge being worked on in the image.
2)Here from the Project Gauge icons select the 1st one that appears as a plug which will bring up the Guage Input Mapper.
3)Go down the list of Data Value: and select from the list the data name that best fits. No typing here just click and go. Once all areas are comple select OK from the bottom of the box.

So here now you have a reference gauge you can go by. Just know I have my stuff setup for feet not metric. It does not show up in this image but imperial(feet) and metric for a log profile can be figured by converters and calculators in the profile settings. There is a couple of video made by the person that knows more then anyone when it comes to dashware and goes by FDNYfish here on PhantomPilots.com. Btw, dashware would not be anything close to what it currently is had it not been for FDNYfish (Frank D.)

I hope this helps some of you with dashware cause it sure makes a huge difference in how well your videos look.

-Frank

P3dashware.jpg

Hi Frank, I responded you your initial post "digging in" and don't have any new flights to process. Been too hot lately, so I was working on an older flight.

Regarding your screen shot: the "OSD.height.feet" is not a field in my comprehensive.csv. I cloned one of the UAV tapes and renamed it to UAV_forecast_altitude_tape_feet and was working on that one.

Regarding the gauges that Kirsu uploaded: There is no graphic file associated with it, so it is just blank and I only show one gauge in the toolkit, but no graphic.

Is there any reference to the CSV header names?

Kind Regards,

Tim

Hi Frank, I responded you your initial post "digging in" and don't have any new flights to process. Been too hot lately, so I was working on an older flight.

Regarding your screen shot: the "OSD.height.feet" is not a field in my comprehensive.csv. I cloned one of the UAV tapes and renamed it to UAV_forecast_altitude_tape_feet and was working on that one.

Regarding the gauges that Kirsu uploaded: There is no graphic file associated with it, so it is just blank and I only show one gauge in the toolkit, but no graphic.

Is there any reference to the CSV header names?

Kind Regards,

Tim

The "OSD.height.feet" only appears like that in dashware. In the log it will show up without the trailing ".feet".

Just so you know, it's not required for the gauge names to have underscore between each word in the gauge name title.

I downloaded Kirsu's zip file and found 3 folders each containing a xml file and a image. Btw, all 3 gauges are badass. I'm going to tweak on the Pitch and Roll gauge though. I'll share them once finished.

The CSV header names, are very important. You can change them with in your converted file, but they really need changed in the converter side. I believe what you might be curious about is something that you can do in the Log Profile. Basically from with in dashware, you create what is referred to as a converter. There you would place the current name in one area, and then the other name you want it recognized as in another area. Same as any Calculators you would set up. Say one of your columns below a header name has each line value in "ms, or meters per second" and in your gauge you want it appearing as "ft, or FEET". Again you would setup a Calculator that does this for you. It is real easy and fun to use once you know what all you can do and how to use it, of coarse. Btw, this is one of those reverse engineering type things I mentioned in my last post. As in open it and see what it consist of, or how it works.

Cheers Frank!

I figured out the CSV thing once I examined all of the headers.

Will keep digging into this and I appreciate your hand-holding regarding this.

Tim

Any one know how to get the Flight mode to show up?
Yeah, there's a column in the csv which shows each flight mode in a single number. In Dashware there's a gauge component which allows you to choose an image file for each digit. So you have to make an image file for each flight mode, and map them to corresponding numbers in the csv file.
I had one for the Vision+ but have not made one for the Phantom 3, at least not yet.

This one is for You Guys...yes....You.

Need some help guys! I created this video using dashware and djilogs but I couldn't find the total distance travelled column in the CSV file. I mean we could see the total milage of a flight in pilot app user center's flight record so it has to be there but couldnt find the relevant data in logs.

DETAILS.totalDistance

Reactions: shankhan

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik