How to turn off smart go home

I sure hope this Smart Return-To-Home feature has not been removed. I had it kick in on one flight when I had 63% battery left, but by the time it returned to home it only had 30% battery left. The bird was smart enough know that it needed to head back home, despite having 63% battery. But it was not smart enough to wait just a bit longer, so it could use another 10% or 20% battery before returning. All things considered, I was grateful that the system was watching out for me, even though the calculations were a little too conservative.

If there is a DJI policy/safety reason to change the way this feature works (to remove the cancel option, or to remove Smart Return-to-Home altogether), why would DJI choose to apply that policy to only the P4P, and not the other Phantoms? Doesn't make sense.

Well, it technically could be coming to other Phantoms/Mavics soon.

It definitely WAS the app update. It doesn't return when downgrading.

Also, the live video feed appears much worse since the update.

DJI really is a piece of crap when it comes to QA.

DJI has done away with the option.
Yip still on my p4 ,,android,:)
14972043974711382670225.jpg

which version of the app are you using? Have you done the latest firmware update for the P4P and the remote?
Um 1.8.0 rc and 4.0.1 no firmware update yet ,it just checks version in firmware updates and says i have latest and app opens ,i would update but it not prompt me to do so p4,i use litchi but djigo4 in the backround

It's not missing because you're not flying a P4P ;)
Yeh i know was sposed to put (not missing on p4) and was just refering to smart return home option from early post,,thanks for reminding me ,got enough phantoms dont need nother one ha,:)

People really need to stick to the right forum and a p4a and p4+ forum should be added too. It's much too confusing and, annoying.

Well after going round and round and round this guy at support finally comes back and gives me a link, check it out if you want a good laugh. Keep in mind I've sent him the image of what I was talking about 10 times....

Ryan Jorge Madrigal (DJI)

6月12日 CST13:46

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We checked that it just changed could you check this link cause it was renamed.

Link:

Please don’t hesitate to email as back, If you need further assistance or questions regarding our products and services. We hope that we were able to provide you the information that appropriate to your concern.

Regards,

Ryan
DJI Technical Support

Well after going round and round and round this guy at support finally comes back and gives me a link, check it out if you want a good laugh. Keep in mind I've sent him the image of what I was talking about 10 times....

Ryan Jorge Madrigal (DJI)

6月12日 CST13:46

Dear Brian,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We checked that it just changed could you check this link cause it was renamed.

Link:

Please don’t hesitate to email as back, If you need further assistance or questions regarding our products and services. We hope that we were able to provide you the information that appropriate to your concern.

Regards,

Ryan
DJI Technical Support
Wow again had to watch 4 times to make sure,might need a interpreter ,,aàaaahhhhhh gosh they not bad :),

What's it like dealing with DJI??? Have a look.

http://i.xomf.com/jjrpd.jpg

Unbelievable [emoji31]. Brian I see mention of 'firmware' being the problem (change). However from what I have read, and your info - it's the App that's changed (resulting in loss of option for Smart RTH) <not firmware> correct?

I ask constructively as saying its firmware problem appears to be incorrect, it's an app problem that needs correction, mis-describing it may just make things worse with DJI whom appear to struggle with specifics anyhow.
Added: I mean no disrespect but firmware and software are quite different, but broadly similar things cheers.

Last edited:
if I roll the app back to 4.05 it's still in there - right up to the point I start the aircraft and then it disappears which suggests it's firmware not app related - does that help anyone?

The ability to turn off Smart RTH has been removed on the P4Pro.
This essentially prevents any waypoint missions from completion and also halves the flight time

If I understand correctly, this change does not "prevent any waypoint mission from completion", nor does it cut the flight time in half. Yes, Smart RTH can kick in when the remaining battery is 55% or higher, but that only happens when you are a very long distance from home. In those situations, your flight plan would probably have you returning home somewhere near that point anyway.

I agree that this change will certainly compromise waypoint mission range by perhaps 20% or so, but that doesn't mean that "any waypoint mission is prevented from completion". Based on the instances when I had Smart Return to Home engage in the past, I'd say that I still got almost all the the range I had planned anyway. I don't like the change, because that means I have to plan somewhat shorter waypoint missions, but the change doesn't cut flight time in half; probably only about 10 to 20% reduction.

that depends if you use waypoints to fly a circuit or to fly from A to B. Circuits should not be affected but flying A to B would as the battery life you could have used going further will now automatically return the drone

that depends if you use waypoints to fly a circuit or to fly from A to B. Circuits should not be affected but flying A to B would as the battery life you could have used going further will now automatically return the drone

How do you fly A to B at max range of the bird? I thought Litchi doesn't allow Finish actions when it is beyond RC range. I have seen others follow the bird in a car so they can finish the flight at B, but I am unaware that autoland works at B otherwise.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4