How to turn off smart go home

Not true. Not everyone has a chance to participate in the Beta. Our time is now! :eek:

but the thing is, it is true. Beta testing is where bugs/glitches and new features should be sorted out to save the need for retrospective patches and fixes. Either the beta testers were sleeping or weren't aware of this change - either way it shows that DJI's beta testing procedure needs looking at.

This change was in the APP. There was no beta test of app only firmware.

Are you sure? Your posts in this thread seemed to suggest otherwise

Downloaded the new firmware and I can no longer find out how to disable smart go home I've done it in the past I sure hope they didn't do away with that setting

In this beta I'm using that fixes the tilted horizon it's no longer under battery. Can't find it anywhere. Wonder if they are doing away with it

I mentioned earlier that if I install an earlier version of the app (4.05) the feature remains until I turn the P4Pro on when it immediately disappears which suggests that it's embedded into the firmware of the P4Pro. I also seems to be something that's only affecting P4Pro users as nobody else appears to be complaining about it.

Are you sure? Your posts in this thread seemed to suggest otherwiseI mentioned earlier that if I install an earlier version of the app (4.05) the feature remains until I turn the P4Pro on when it immediately disappears which suggests that it's embedded into the firmware of the P4Pro. I also seems to be something that's only affecting P4Pro users as nobody else appears to be complaining about it.
It has been confirmed that this removal was no oversight. It was completely intentional! :eek: Only lobbying for it's restoral is the only chance of restoring it. However, I'm betting DJI legal (Brendan Schulman) is behind this change. If so, their minds are already made up, and we are stuck with it forever! :mad:

It has been confirmed that this removal was no oversight. It was completely intentional! :eek: Only lobbying for it's restoral is the only chance of restoring it. However, I'm betting DJI legal (Brendan Schulman) is behind this change. If so, their minds are already made up, and we are stuck with it forever! :mad:

I wrote to [email protected]

He said he would consider asking the team to restore this feature. I hope others consider asking him as well - it will show demand.

Why would legal affairs be involved with drone functions? Has someone said this was a legal issue?

It may not be - but he is a senior guy in the company and involved in GEO, and he will definitely pass people's concerns about this. He told me that via email.

Why would legal affairs be involved with drone functions? Has someone said this was a legal issue?
It is a clearly a legal issue, and that was the reason for eliminating the option. If Smart RTH cannot be turned off, crashes or landings at other than the launch point, due to battery exhaustion, can be virtually eliminated. Turning it off means the pilot must be in control and know what they are doing. DJI is moving away from pilot control and is trying to idiot proof their drones. Newbies love it. Experienced pilots hate it. We are becoming the minority, as everyone else joins our hobby/profession.

I wrote as well and got the same reply ("will pass it on to Engineering")
Then I copied him on a half dozen complaints abut the upgrade and asked that DJI step up and acknowledge the bugs - no replyl as of yet.

Not so sure about that!
I hope I am wrong, but I can't see it being an intentional programmers' choice. Why would they care? Marketing would clearly want to keep the option in to keep everyone happy. Legal is solely concerned with liability and lobbying. Eliminating the option to turn Smart RTH off wreaks of GEO and DJI limiting pilot control in favor of their control. The Smart RTH algorithm has even been made more aggressive than ever before. If you reject it, it will nag you every 10 seconds until you land, or are back within its parameters.

Well once again it cost me a great shot today 3/4 of the way through the shot and that **cking thing kicked in and turned the bird. Also on my way home from a different flight the bird crashed (separate thread) , SRTH hadn't kicked in but it's ironic I fly for years with it turned OFF and never a crash. Today the bird falls from the sky.

Well once again it cost me a great shot today 3/4 of the way through the shot and that **cking thing kicked in and turned the bird. Also on my way home from a different flight the bird crashed (separate thread) , SRTH hadn't kicked in but it's ironic I fly for years with it turned OFF and never a crash. Today the bird falls from the sky.
Inability to turn it off before flight Is a serious distraction to safe flight! Whenever I forgot to turn it off, after firmware updates in the past, and it kicked in during flight, back when it would only nag you once (instead of every 10 seconds!), it always threw me off my game! Can't even imagine it canceling a Waypoint mission, and nagging me every 10 seconds, until I am back within its parameters, which will prevent landing at anything less than 35% remaining battery! This effectively limits the flight time to 20 minutes or less! Major crippling of the aircraft! Failure to clearly disclose this in the app update notes when it was intentional, is proof of the Trojan Horses DJI is slipping into every new app and firmware update! :eek:

Inability to turn it off before flight Is a serious distraction to safe flight! Whenever I forgot to turn it off, after firmware updates in the past, and it kicked in during flight, back when it would only nag you once (instead of every 10 seconds!), it always threw me off my game! Can't even imagine it canceling a Waypoint mission, and nagging me every 10 seconds, until I am back within its parameters, which will prevent landing at anything less than 35% remaining battery! This effectively limits the flight time to 20 minutes or less! Major crippling of the aircraft! Failure to clearly disclose this in the app update notes when it was intentional, is proof of the Trojan Horses DJI is slipping into every new app and firmware update! :eek:
I hope you also consider also stepping up and writing Schulman about this disaster. The more he hears from, the better.

Have you had a chance to write Schulman as well? I hope we can get at least 10 people to write him about this.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94