How to test wifi module, do I need gimbal connected?

Reaction score
I'm trying to access the parts I need to get after a crash. I have removed the P2V+ gimbal/camera , should I still be able to connect to the phantom with wifi ? What is the best way to test the wifi module? I am not clear on which SSID's I should be able to see with a wifi scanner app. One is published and the other not I read.
So far the list is two motors, two ESC and the case which melted around the motors when they didn't turn off after the crash into a tree.

The wifi module will not work without the gimbal board. In the 3 sets of grey cable that comes down, the 2 wider ones act as bridges to power the wifi module.
There is however a work around if your technically inclined.

Look at pitcher8811's notes in the RCgroup link.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=17
Just relocate the one of the cables back to the cam port. This will power on the wifi module WITHOUT the camera/gimbal board. You should now have telemetry but no eyes. You can now test if your wifi module is functional. If you do this test, you are then half way on doing the P2Vplus with H33d and gopro combo.

Let us know how you go..

The wifi module will not work without the gimbal board. In the 3 sets of grey cable that comes down, the 2 wider ones act as bridges to power the wifi module.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2213815&page=17
Just relocate the one of the cables back to the cam port. This will power on the wifi module WITHOUT the camera/gimbal board. You should now have telemetry but no eyes. You can now test if your wifi module is functional. If you do this test, you are then half way on doing the P2Vplus with H33d and gopro combo.

Let us know how you go..
Thanks for the info!
I'm glad I don't have to buy a wifi module , that would have been another $100.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Plus 2.4ghz Wifi Module - wiring diagram / camera connection - Page 17 - RC Groups

Let us know how you go..
Can anyone help achieve this with the P3S? like advise on which wire to reroute where? Thank you!

I'm trying to access the parts I need to get after a crash. I have removed the P2V+ gimbal/camera , should I still be able to connect to the phantom with wifi ? What is the best way to test the wifi module? I am not clear on which SSID's I should be able to see with a wifi scanner app. One is published and the other not I read.
So far the list is two motors, two ESC and the case which melted around the motors when they didn't turn off after the crash into a tree.

You can test the wifi module without the camera plugged in

the SSID for the wifi module is hidden, if you follow this video you can see if the wifi module is running as it will pop up as a hidden SSID
#
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31