How to take the Initial aeronautical knowledge test?

I have a TSA Precheck KTN so I hope that makes it quicker!

It might but I think all non Part 61 go through the same process (which is very basic and quick to begin with) but I'd be interested to hear how quickly you are notified. Please let us know.

I will keep you all up to date. I figure lots of folks have questions about this process...
I'm in the same boat. Passed the Test on Monday morning, did the IACRA Test Number lookup a zillion times until it finally found me on late Tuesday evening, and now I'm in the 4 day+ TSA holding pattern for the temp cert. Kinda odd however the electronic application has a check box checked as Temp Certificate Attached (but nothing there).

Reactions: Falcon900
Today my status on IACRA changed to "Transferred to Registry". Not exactly sure what that means but I assume its progress.

As for email notifications - I have gotten zero besides when I first setup the account on IACRA. I've just logged in 57 times/day and kept checking.

I did get this email after my test ID was found and I finished submitting the application:

PLEASE NOTE: Your temporary Remote Pilot certificate will be available in IACRA in approximately 2-4 business days. You should log into IACRA and look for the green “Temporary Certificate” button in the Existing Applications section of the Applicant Console. You will also receive an email from the Airman Registry when the temporary certificate is available.

Great! I completed the application about an hour ago. It took about 28 hours for my test to show up in IACRA.

Guess I will have to go for the 107 cert then. Insurance is in the works

What options for insurance are you guys finding? Love to see input from everyone here who's found decent insurance.

"Imagine Whirled Peas..."

2-P-3p's
6 batteries

I own a couple of other businesses so I just called my broker. He hooked me up with 1 of 2 companies that he knows of that specifically write UAV policies. I will find out the company names and post them here.

Great! I completed the application about an hour ago. It took about 28 hours for my test to show up in IACRA.
My temporary remote pilot certificate showed up in IACRA less than two hours after I completed the application! :):):)

All of the stuff the FAA provides is excellent and very relevant. I especially recommend the AC 102-2 document. It is a summary of the new Part 107 in plain English with explanations of the regulation. All the other FAA documents that you can find on this forum are all good, too. If the documents don't seen relevant to you, it's because you don't know what you don't know yet.

... it's because you don't know what you don't know yet.

Had to chuckle here F900.

Immediately reminded me of this:

"There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know we don't know."

Donald Rumsfeld
2/2002

Got my temp certificate 9 days after passing the test. Odd part is that the certificate was issued the day after I passed but only showed up in IACRA a week later.

Well said and EXCELLENT attitude towards it. I do think you'll see those who are serious and dedicated to this industry will do well and excel. Others maybe not so much.

The FAA estimated that 90% of those taking the test would pass, and the information I saw was that was pretty close to how it's working out.

Did you take this course? I'm still trying to understand all of the jargon, but if you did take this I'd be interested in hearing your opinion. I have no previous flights experience but want to get licensed commercially.

I took this course. There are 34 chapters and I feel that the instructor was knowledgeable. There are quizzes after the chapters and a practice exam at the end. I was able to answer all the questions correct after the course. Just wanting to know if anyone took this course and passed the actual certification test.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl