Rejoice! Pre-registration open for Part 107 Aeronautical Knowledge Test Unmanned Aircraft General (U

Interesting, one of the places listed on the FAA form as a test center, has NO idea how this is going to happen, and has asked me to help them develop a drone program....

Hmm....

Oh, it will be up and running in time, but still, this is interesting!

@DroneDiva I called the testing center and spoke with a person for FAA AKT. She said I just needed to register through CATSTEST since that is the FAA. I would be careful with the law office advice and use the information directly from the FAA so you don't get charged for something you don't need.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
@DroneDiva I called the testing center and spoke with a person for FAA AKT. She said I just needed to register through CATSTEST since that is the FAA. I would be careful with the law office advice and use the information directly from the FAA so you don't get charged for something you don't need.

I am with you. Did the FAA pilot Part 61 UAS class online to see what all I need since I don't have a license and used it to prepare. Free. Downloaded the practice test. Free. Downloaded the manuals to help with the test questions and review. Free. Basically, for my 2 cents, just do as FAA states and provides for material. That is what is being tested.

Do you have a link to all this free material? Thanks!

Pass the initial aeronautical knowledge test – initial knowledge test areas include:
  1. Applicable regulations relating to small unmanned aircraft system rating privileges, limitations, and flight operation
  2. Airspace classification and operating requirements, and flight restrictions affecting small unmanned aircraft operation
  3. Aviation weather sources and effects of weather on small unmanned aircraft performance
  4. Small unmanned aircraft loading and performance
  5. Emergency procedures
  6. Crew resource management
  7. Radio communication procedures
  8. Determining the performance of small unmanned aircraft
  9. Physiological effects of drugs and alcohol
  10. Aeronautical decision-making and judgment
  11. Airport operations
  12. Maintenance and preflight inspection procedures

I've seen this list in many places but what I haven't seen is a list of what study materials to consult or where to find them.

Reactions: Richard Gozinya
The test course is on here: Safer Skies Through Education - FAA - FAASTeam - FAASafety.gov

The other stuff is in the resources for that.

I've seen this list in many places but what I haven't seen is a list of what study materials to consult or where to find them.
The link given by Nickster is just the test for current pilots. This link is the best study guide I've found for the new knowledge test.

Sarah Nilsson - UAG Test Prep - 1

Reactions: LosDosMonitos
So can anybody confirm that CATS is legit? Are they the official subcontractor of the FAA for this? Just want to be sure I don't kiss my $150 goodbye or that there's not a better deal out there somewhere :)

So can anybody confirm that CATS is legit? Are they the official subcontractor of the FAA for this? Just want to be sure I don't kiss my $150 goodbye or that there's not a better deal out there somewhere :)

CATS and PSI are legit. The flight school I went too used PSI. They have cameras in the room so you don't cheat. :D

CATS is legit. That was the website and name given to me by the person at the test center, airport by my house, to sign up.

I found this, but it really doesn't tell you **** thing!

https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/acs/media/uas_acs.pdf

Typical government document. Doesn't tell you anything. But the "reference" line tells you what document the knowledge comes from. I started researching some of this, and that when I realized that pretty much what Sarah Nilsson had done. She has aggregated all of the stuff from those sources and others that relate to all of the standards listed in the document you posted

So for now I'm studying her stuff and the main 107 document.

Sarah Nilsson - UAG Test Prep - 1

maybe the FAA will come up with some other kind of guide. But I'm not paying for one of those online drone schools.

Reactions: xave

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20