"Recurrent Knowledge" Part 107 test....

Reaction score
it's almost 2 years later....has anyone taken the "Recurrent Knowledge" test yet and how did it go for you? I see that it is stripped down from the initial knowledge test (see photo) so I'm just curious how difficult it was.

part 107 Knowledge Tests | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

part-107-knowledge-tests.4362

The ReCurrent test etc has not actually been released yet (unless it was today).

The ReCurrent test etc has not actually been released yet (unless it was today).
I of course thought of that after I posted but did see that they are accepting registrations for testing of course I don't know when those registrations begin, I have not called but I'm due to recertify before September. I'm still curious to hear how testing goes for anybody that does test prior to September.

FAA test, Private Pilot Exam & Aviation Test | CATS

Reactions: BigAl07
The recurrency test is now available, but I don't recommend taking it prior to the month in which you took the initial test. It contains 40 questions (no weather, loading/performance, or aeromedical questions) and costs $150.

It contains 40 questions (no weather, loading/performance, or aeromedical questions) and costs $150.
can you clarify? As this was a large portion along with reading sectional/Taf charts...

Has anyone taken the recurrent test yet? I'm scheduled to take mine tomorrow but I haven't seen any good study guides. I went through all the regular 107 practice tests just as a refresher but I'm concerned with what new stuff they may throw at us.

All I know at this point is the categories covered similar to what was mentioned above:
recurrent.JPG

Reactions: phantomjim
I did pass my recurrent test when I took it almost 2 weeks ago, got a 95% It wasn't too bad.

I agree with the poster up there who used the prepware remote pilot app. It has a recurrent exam section with practice questions and a 40 question exam mode.

I used it for the Part 107 initial. I probably spent about 6 hours total on my smartphone and tablet just doing practice question after practice question on the app.

I got a 95% and felt more than prepared by the software. If you have any experience taking tests like the SAT, this test could not be easier once you get used to the key words and a few of the maps.

The chartmaps on the actual test were the exact same as the prepware maps. It was a little silly.

I agree with the poster up there who used the prepware remote pilot app. It has a recurrent exam section with practice questions and a 40 question exam mode.

I used it for the Part 107 initial. I probably spent about 6 hours total on my smartphone and tablet just doing practice question after practice question on the app.

I got a 95% and felt more than prepared by the software. If you have any experience taking tests like the SAT, this test could not be easier once you get used to the key words and a few of the maps.

The chartmaps on the actual test were the exact same as the prepware maps. It was a little silly.
Glad it helped you, it was well worth the $5 for me :D

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAl07
Here's a few minute video from my recurrent test experience

Just took my recurrent exam. Passed with 95% score. Attached is a file that summarizes my experience. VALUABLE INFORMATION if you are planning to take the exam.

Attachments

• FAA Remote Recurrent Exam.txt
    3.7 KB · Views: 1,497
Reactions: doktorinjh
I passed the recurrency test last week. 40 questions, they give 90 minutes to take it, but I only took 22 minutes. I scored a 90. I signed up with Gold Seal 2 years ago for the initial test. The fee was a one-time fee. So, I was able to go back to Gold Seal at no charge to study for the recurrency test. Russel Still (The guy in the video above) and all of the Gold Seal team are available to answer any question you may have. These guys are all FAA pilots/instructors. I can't sing Gold Seal's praises enough. They are knowledgeable, professional and courteous.

God Bless!

Bill Hitchcock

Reactions: N42742
Just took my recurrent exam. Passed with 95% score. Attached is a file that summarizes my experience. VALUABLE INFORMATION if you are planning to take the exam.

DST Bob...Thank you so much for the attachment with your recall of the recurrent exam. This was extremely helpful and you must have an awesome memory!

Reactions: LVDJC

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4