Part 107 - Only 30 minutes to take the test? Really?

Reaction score
Greetings everyone -

Last week when calling CATS to set up my Part 107 test, the lady asked me where I would like to take the test? She gave me a location closest to my provided zip code. It was an aviation academy. When she checked the times available for testing, she came back with a time period only lasting 30 minutes? I replied by saying that I thought I would be allocated two hours for the taking of the test? She agreed, also thought it odd, and put me on hold so that she could call the academy directly to confirm.

When she returned back on the line, she told me that - yes - the time slot that they had available was only for 30 minutes time. Needless to say, I decided to opt out.

As what I can only assume is an FAA approved testing center, this doesn't seem right to me. How can they only allow someone 30 minutes to take a federal test which is supposed to have a two hour time period for the taking?

Anyone else run into this?

Reactions: Chuck Sims
There's no way that's correct...the test is 2 hours as designated by the faa, no one can change that. More than likely the testing center gives 1/2 hour arrival windows to show up for a test.

Reactions: SantoPilot
There's no way that's correct...the test is 2 hours as designated by the faa, no one can change that. More than likely the testing center gives 1/2 hour arrival windows to show up for a test.
A few things. First, I don't appreciate your having no reservations about calling me a blatant liar. This, to something you did not bear witness. Second, it did transpire (this past Saturday) when I called the CATS phone number @ 1-800-947-4228. And to restate, the lady assisting me was - herself - also perplexed by this 'time slot'. Such that she told me to hold on the line while she called the aviation academy to get further clarification and confirmation. NO, it was not an allocated 'time slot/interval'. She came back to say that they had a time period available but that that the duration was only for 30 minutes. Period.

There was no need to argue the point and both she and I didn't understand why that was the case? I went ahead and scheduled a two hour time period elsewhere. I was merely posting this to see if anyone else had run into this? My motivation was not to be called a liar (which is your right, I imagine).

A few things. First, I don't appreciate your having no reservations about calling me a blatant liar. This, to something you did not bear witness. Second, it did transpire (this past Saturday) when I called the CATS phone number @ 1-800-947-4228. And to restate, the lady assisting me was - herself - also perplexed by this 'time slot'. Such that she told me to hold on the line while she called the aviation academy to get further clarification and confirmation. NO, it was not an allocated 'time slot/interval'. She came back to say that they had a time period available but that that the duration was only for 30 minutes. Period.

There was no need to argue the point and both she and I didn't understand why that was the case? I went ahead and scheduled a two hour time period elsewhere. I was merely posting this to see if anyone else had run into this? My motivation was not to be called a liar (which is your right, I imagine).

Ok, they had 30 min. available... not enough for you, fine.
Resched. for another place/time, move on.

Don't see the need to come and post such here.

Reactions: FLYBOYJ
Ok, they had 30 min. available... not enough for you, fine.
Resched. for another place/time, move on.

Don't see the need to come and post such here.
Which is exactly what I did; chose another place/time.

Forgive me if my post didn't meet with your approval. My initial thought was that others might find the topic to be of interest given its rather unorthodox circumstance.

Which is exactly what I did; chose another place/time.

Forgive me if my post didn't meet with your approval. My initial thought was that others might find the topic to be of interest given its rather unorthodox circumstance.

Approval???

You're very defensive.
Just look at your bold-ed sentence above.

Prior to that you accused someone of calling you a liar just for offering a possible explaination.

Last edited:

I said theres no way thats correct, as in someone from the testing center or the woman you spoke with was incorrect...no where in my post did I call you a liar or question that what you said actually happened. I imagine that if actually called the testing center in question yourself you would have gotten a different answer. Anyway, I'm not sure how barefoot was able to get my gist and you weren't but judging by your respones to others it seems like you're just trolling with this topic anyway so to that I will say good luck on your exam and excuse myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl