How to stabilize Windsurfers?

Yeah I bought a number of pieces from him, including the windsurfers, cable wrap, battery compartment cover and gimbal separation guard. His landing gear spacers don't interest me. If anything, I'd prefer the polar pro version where you get the height plus added width for a larger footprint for stability.

oh no doubt just made a decent sized order with them, but ive read review that the polar pro landing gear stabilizers are not compatible with the polar pro led lighs kit.
looks like itlll fit nice and snug with form and function.
they look real nice, not to mention this type of landing gear, and how its applied gets major points for me!!
and the led light kit from polar pro

Yeah well I guess the light kit is a consideration. I'm on the fence with the light kit. Not sure about that one at all. If you have it or get it, I'd love a review if you can. I'm most interested in the weight, the quality of the hardware, whether it interferes with gps, and whether the front lights get in the shot if the red leds on the phantom are turned off. If the front lights manage to not bleed into the shot, even with the gimbal pitched down, that would be a huge plus.

I just used a piece of packing tape and taped the tops together where the two meet. Low-tech but works fine, it doesn't require much to keep the windsurfers together. Clear packing tape won't interfere with RF.

Yeah well I guess the light kit is a consideration. I'm on the fence with the light kit. Not sure about that one at all. If you have it or get it, I'd love a review if you can. I'm most interested in the weight, the quality of the hardware, whether it interferes with gps, and whether the front lights get in the shot if the red leds on the phantom are turned off. If the front lights manage to not bleed into the shot, even with the gimbal pitched down, that would be a huge plus.
i was in the same boat as you until i seen this thread not too long ago. Polar Pro LED Kit Review they pretty muh asked the OP the same questions and concerns you had for me.. and so far based on forum members reviews....seems like it may be worth it...should be here tomorrow with...illl keep u updated and will do a review.

Here are the pics.

at 2.5 oz it doesnt add too much heft, not too mention it fits pretty slick around the phantom3 and the difference with and without would probably be minimal as far as aerodynamic /drag goes. powered on its own supply and just looks **** good . just hope it performs like others have said

Last edited:
wow guys, just wanted to take a minute to say how much I appreciate the kind words and reviews. :) I apologize that I have not been here on the forum lately as I have been working on some new designs. Two of which are Polar Pro Lens Case & Sd card storage case and a new Phantom prop box. Both are now available on my website. If you need clips to stabilize your windsurfer please e-mail me. Its always best to reach me at [email protected].

Just got my set of @dynamic3dSolutions windsurfers

Came with windsurfer , extra foil replacement, antenna spacer and the lock clips/ Shim to keep the antennas locked in the upright position. Fit and finish are great for 3 d printed parts. Also scooped up a set of their leg extensions / risers. Lifts the bird and camera a good 1-1 1/8" higher had to lose the gimbal guard but with this much ground clearance that's a loss I'm willing to make

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 271
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 302
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 283
Reactions: dynamic3dSolutions
Just got my set of @dynamic3dSolutions windsurfers

Came with windsurfer , extra foil replacement, antenna spacer and the lock clips/ Shim to keep the antennas locked in the upright position. Fit and finish are great for 3 d printed parts. Also scooped up a set of their leg extensions / risers. Lifts the bird and camera a good 1-1 1/8" higher had to lose the gimbal guard but with this much ground clearance that's a loss I'm willing to make

Very nice looking bird LamboH! Glad you like the parts. If you have any issues please let me know. The finish I put on my parts makes them Stronger, Stain resistant & Easy to clean. Also smooths out lines left from the printing process. Let us know how far you get with the windsurfer. I have taken mine over 3 miles when I was testing & had to turn back due to remaining battery life & my blood pumping lol. Something else I would suggest is (and this is not a sales pitch) Put a gimbal motor separation guard on your bird as well.
20150529_131943.jpg
20150529_131316.jpg

There cheep & light and can save you a headache down the line. I do sell them but there are many out there. Just looking out for you. :)

Reactions: LamboH
Simply purchase the dual, one-piece Alum. Windsurfer with case and never worry about issues........I used Seller....... Perltrading

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20