HOW TO: Setup and use Waypoints

Good tutorial.
I have tested the Waypoints feature and it works.
Learning about the Head to option of "Free" is very helpful.

Question: Is there any way to re-name the Mission Favorites?
Names like "20150907 02:26[Auto Save]" are not going to help me remember which Mission is which.
Aren't we only allowed three anyway?

Aren't we only allowed three anyway?
I don't have my aircraft with me right now but I'm pretty sure I've flown several more than (3) to this point. I'll have to check when I get home to make sure though.

Thanks. Is there any known limit? What is the difference between a Favorite and a nonfavorite waypoint, or route, made from waypoints? Are nonfavorites saved, too?
I have set up to 5 without issue-- I cant answer those questions yet-- just haven't used it enough-- someone else will probably chime in.

I have set up to 5 without issue-- I cant answer those questions yet-- just haven't used it enough-- someone else will probably chime in.
5 Waypoints, or 5 Routes? If Waypoints, can you custom choose the order to fly among them?

5 Waypoints, or 5 Routes? If Waypoints, can you custom choose the order to fly among them?
5 way points and I don't know about the custom order-- I think there may be limitations there-- I don't believe you cant assign names-- they have numerical names. I am going to spend a lot more time learning the programs and limitations in the field.

5 way points and I don't know about the custom order-- I think there may be limitations there-- I don't believe you cant assign names-- they have numerical names. I am going to spend a lot more time learning the programs and limitations in the field.
Me, too! Lots to learn and limitations to discover and work around.:cool:

Thank you msinger this is very helpful, thank you for sharing.

I have a job to take images from the same positions (will require quite a few flights) that I have to repeat monthly for 2 years. I have some questions about shooting from the same location. Can you get the P3 to stop at an exact waypoint? It seems that this shows a continuous flight where you can stop it manually but I want it to stop at specific locations to take my next image.

Can your camera be controlled at a WP like once the position and direction of P3 is reached it will tilt the camera to a specific angle and take a shot?

Can the waypoint favourites be saved to a PC as backup and can they be renamed on the GO app device?

Thank you for your help

Thank you msinger this is very helpful, thank you for sharing.

I have a job to take images from the same positions (will require quite a few flights) that I have to repeat monthly for 2 years. I have some questions about shooting from the same location. Can you get the P3 to stop at an exact waypoint? It seems that this shows a continuous flight where you can stop it manually but I want it to stop at specific locations to take my next image.

Can your camera be controlled at a WP like once the position and direction of P3 is reached it will tilt the camera to a specific angle and take a shot?

Can the waypoint favourites be saved to a PC as backup and can they be renamed on the GO app device?

Thank you for your help

You should try the Litchi application looking at the reviews and also on YouTube how easy it is to use it looks like this might work well I your situation. Just trying to help. Click on the link below. Let me know what you think.

Supports Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Inspire 1, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision +

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire - Android Apps on Google Play

You should try the Litchi application looking at the reviews and also on YouTube how easy it is to use it looks like this might work well I your situation. Just trying to help. Click on the link below. Let me know what you think.

Supports Phantom 3 Advanced, Phantom 3 Professional, Inspire 1, Phantom 2 Vision and Phantom 2 Vision +

Litchi for DJI Phantom/Inspire - Android Apps on Google Play
Unfortunately, each of the two major 3rd party flying apps are platform specific, and also on two different platforms. Litchi requires an Android tablet and Autopilot requires iOS. In order to even try them both, you need two tablets, one running Android and one running iOS. Not everyone has that capability.:cool:

Spent a lot of time flying the P3 this weekend at a RC aircraft fly-in this week end and experimented using the DJI Go App IOC features.

Waypoints Feature:

1. You cant change camera directions--yaw-- after the waypoint point mission is flown, programmed and saved. IOW which ever direction the Phantom is facing, unless you turn it before you program each successive waypoint, that is the way it will face when flown. Not very good if you want to change camera direction and angles. This may be different in the Inspire since the camera can be controlled independently with a separate Controller.

2 .Saved waypoint missions were not available the second day-- which would make sense-- because set up would have to be in the same exact location on a different day if the mission were to be flown on a different day.

There needs to be some programming changes in the P3 version to allow for complete camera control and direction while a mission is in progress

Is there a way to load waypoint into the Phantom and then fly the route??
Or just record what you have already flown and re-fly that recorded route.

Is there a way to load waypoint into the Phantom and then fly the route??
Or just record what you have already flown and re-fly that recorded route.
You have to fly the route to set the way points. After the route is completed those waypoints will be saved to the app until you move to a different home point location.

You have to fly the route to set the way points. After the route is completed those waypoints will be saved to the app until you move to a different home point location.
So, if you return to the home point location from which the mission was created, are you able then access it again?

Spent a lot of time flying the P3 this weekend at a RC aircraft fly-in this week end and experimented using the DJI Go App IOC features.

Waypoints Feature:

1. You cant change camera directions--yaw-- after the waypoint point mission is flown, programmed and saved. IOW which ever direction the Phantom is facing, unless you turn it before you program each successive waypoint, that is the way it will face when flown. Not very good if you want to change camera direction and angles. This may be different in the Inspire since the camera can be controlled independently with a separate Controller.

2 .Saved waypoint missions were not available the second day-- which would make sense-- because set up would have to be in the same exact location on a different day if the mission were to be flown on a different day.

There needs to be some programming changes in the P3 version to allow for complete camera control and direction while a mission is in progress
So during the mission, you only have control of the gimbal, and it will retain the yaw direction of the nose set at the beginning of each leg? What if you alter the yaw during a leg of the mission setup? Is that intra leg yaw also replicated during the later flying of the mission, assuming you can alter the yaw during a leg while setting up the mission? Will the mission complete even if the radio cotroller signal is lost?

So during the mission, you only have control of the gimbal, and it will retain the yaw direction of the nose set at the beginning of each leg? What if you alter the yaw during a leg of the mission setup? Is that intra leg yaw also replicated during the later flying of the mission, assuming you can alter the yaw during a leg while setting up the mission? Will the mission complete even if the radio cotroller signal is lost?
I was not able to alter yaw after the mission was set up. You can alter it on the setup but not when you fly it after setup. I didn't test the lost signal function.... that needs to be test.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik