HOW TO: Setup and use Point of Interest (POI)

Looks like the AUTOPILOT APP is still in BETA for the P-4?

As soon as I see the AP APP recommended for the P-4, I will be on it. Too scary at this point. Thanks for the lead..

Yes I did get a nasty in air wobble & on screen a warning message- "over acceleration"
I'm assuming the motors over-reved, trying to follow my command
I went out early today & everything seems fine, this time I hit pause, moved slider to clockwise & all seems okay, silly of me & a bit scary.
I have no idea what the redline of the 3's motors are, & never thought about it till this happened.

Thank you for a most informative item, I have learned a lot from it. Cheers.

Still have a 'angled' view on the camera. Where do I look to set the camera on an even keel. I can correct things well enough in the computer, but prefer to have the camera corrected. Thanks in anticipation.

Thank you for a most informative item, I have learned a lot from it. Cheers.

Still have a 'angled' view on the camera. Where do I look to set the camera on an even keel. I can correct things well enough in the computer, but prefer to have the camera corrected. Thanks in anticipation.
If your camera is tilted, try a gimbal calibration and if still an issue, adjust the gimbal roll while in the air and you have a good straight horizon to use.

If your camera is tilted, try a gimbal calibration and if still an issue, adjust the gimbal roll while in the air and you have a good straight horizon to use.
Thanks very much, I will see what I can do using your valuable advice. Regards............ mynytho

Thanks very much indeed. Most grateful............ Mynytho

I wish I had read this a week ago. I was trying to circle a subject manually and that's hard to do smoothly. Great article!

Question: Is there a way to define an elliptical flight path? Or do you just have to "ride" the radius control and hope it comes out smoothly? Or is there another app (on iOS) that can do that?

Just set up one of the back buttons to look straight down, then you can just centre the poi on the screen [with or without the grids].

Just set up one of the back buttons to look straight down, then you can just centre the poi on the screen [with or without the grids].
Nice tip! Thanks for sharing.

Yeah, did that anyway, it's great for quickly getting precise bearings if you get a bit confused. Although I think on my P3A pushing the button again goes to straight ahead instead of the original tilt. :-(

Yeah, did that anyway, it's great for quickly getting precise bearings if you get a bit confused. Although I think on my P3A pushing the button again goes to straight ahead instead of the original tilt. :-(
Yep, it goes back to horizontal. I just leave it straight down, back off the required distance & then use the gimbal to make it centre frame again at the poi distance. Then it remains centre frame as it flies the circle.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj