How to remove way point missions in IOS DJI Go app.

The only directory accessible through iTunes on a PC is the DJI Documents directory, which is why the channel hack works without jailbreaking. Are all the other files and folders viewable and accessible on a connected Apple device, after displaying all hidden files/folders on the PC itself? Not so sure about that...
If you're using a PC then you can use windows explorer to browse the device like any external USB drive. Enabling hidden files/folder will show everything.

I meant that the iTunes (running on my PC) doesn't display the hidden files or directories. Not, that the PC Windows Explorer isn't displaying them. I think this was clear in what I said.
Right, but what isn't clear is why you're using iTunes to look for hidden DJI folders in the first place.

Right, but what isn't clear is why you're using iTunes to look for hidden DJI folders in the first place.
The only thing I see when I look through the USB connection is the Internal Storage which contains images and movies. I don't see any files associated with apps. iTunes is the only way that I know to get files, such as the DJIFlightRecord files, associated with the app. Have you been able to get these files through the USB connection? It'd be nice to bypass iTunes altogether.

And, yes, my Folder Options are set to show hidden files. Been that way for 20 years at least.

Reactions: BigAl07
The only thing I see when I look through the USB connection is the Internal Storage which contains images and movies. I don't see any files associated with apps. iTunes is the only way that I know to get files, such as the DJIFlightRecord files, associated with the app. Have you been able to get these files through the USB connection? It'd be nice to bypass iTunes altogether.

And, yes, my Folder Options are set to show hidden files. Been that way for 20 years at least.
Oh right, forgot Apple locks down the file system. I was remembering my old jailbroken iphone from years ago. Sorry for the confusion.

I meant that the iTunes (running on my PC) doesn't display the hidden files or directories. Not, that the PC Windows Explorer isn't displaying them. I think this was clear in what I said.
It was to me, but well meaning people are still trying to help...:cool:

I installed a thing called iExplorer which allowed me to look into the iPad from my PC. In particular I was able to look at the files (hidden and not) in the DJI GO App. I didn't see anything that looked like it contained missions.

I installed a thing called iExplorer which allowed me to look into the iPad from my PC. In particular I was able to look at the files (hidden and not) in the DJI GO App. I didn't see anything that looked like it contained missions.
Hmmm. Must be stored on the Phantom. Can you use the same program to examine the files stored on the Phantom, by using the included USB cable to hook up the Phantom to your PC?

Hi guys, I,m sorry that I asked this tricky question.:)
I have never touched a Apple product before I
bought an Ipad, so I,m pretty stupid. Thank you very much for you effort.

Hmmm. Must be stored on the Phantom. Can you use the same program to examine the files stored on the Phantom, by using the included USB cable to hook up the Phantom to your PC?
No, the iExplorer works only for iOS devices connected through a USB. However, the flight data files (FLYXXX.DAT) can be retrieved from the Phantom via a USB connection in the normal way. I looked and all that I can see are the those flight data files.

No, the iExplorer works only for iOS devices connected through a USB. However, the flight data files (FLYXXX.DAT) can be retrieved from the Phantom via a USB connection in the normal way. I looked and all that I can see are the those flight data files.
Well, we (you!) are narrowing down the possibilities! There's got to be a pony in here somewhere to generate all this pony poop/way point files! Let's find out where the pony stores his poop!:cool:

Hi guys, I,m sorry that I asked this tricky question.:)
I have never touched a Apple product before I
bought an Ipad, so I,m pretty stupid. Thank you very much for you effort.
Don't be sorry. We need more questions that provoke thought like this one!:cool:

I suspect the mission files are on the Phantom but in a part of it's file system that isn't accessible via the USB connection.

I'm inclined to agree with you. Not sure why they are trying to keep us from accessing them. Now we just need an iExplorer program for DJI file systems. We'll call it DJIExplorer.:cool:

I hooked up my Samsung tab4 with Phantom to try follow me as my Ipad dont have GPS,
It went well.Then I tried way points, but there was no old saved missions that i flew with
my Ipad. I don,t know if that means the way points is not saved on the Phantom.

I hooked up my Samsung tab4 with Phantom to try follow me as my Ipad dont have GPS,
It went well.Then I tried way points, but there was no old saved missions that i flew with
my Ipad. I don,t know if that means the way points is not saved on the Phantom.
That's an excellent point. Saved Waypoints/Favorite Missions must then be saved on the tablets. We are narrowing it down!:cool:
Can you access the file structure on your Samsung Tab4 to see any new ones that you created with it?

I will try that when I come home from work, if wheater permits.I have not any way point done
with Samsung. I newer did any flight I just checked if it was some saved.

I created a small mission today, and I looked after a file in DJI folder on the TAB wich could be a saved mission. but no luck. I have show hidden files enabled.

I don't know if this has anything to due with this subject.. I found a hidden file called "misc", on the sd card of my P3A. Misc, has 4 sub folders. One of them is called THM... under that folder are 2 (.) dot files... .RLV and .THM. Are these something you folks are looking for? I never saw these before I enabled "show hidden files" on my PC. I have no idea what these are.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj