How to register Multiple drones and is it required

Reaction score
I registered my P4 with the FAA, got me some fancy stickers and my certificate printed. I'm solid there.

My wife has a Hubsan X4 501s and some places say it needs registration some lists say no, I think the lists are outdated and want to register it anyways to be safe since its only $5.

I logged into my FAA.gov account and cant figure out how to add multiple registrations....surely there is a way without creating a wehole new login and email address ect.

Do I need multiple registrations for each bird or does my one registration cover it as long as its labeled?

I would think that I need one for each device, but under my one account.

suggestions?

If you registered as a hobbyist, you should use the same FAA registration number on all of your aircraft.

Reactions: jakobe75
yep, I found it finally.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions/Help

"What is the difference between registering a UAS flown for fun vs. UAS flown for work or business?
If you fly your UAS for hobby or recreational purposes and you use the web-based registration process to register your aircraft, you only need to register once and then apply your registration number to as many UAS as you want. Recreational registrants only need to provide their name, address, and email address. The $5 registration fee covers all recreational UAS owned by the registrant."

yep, I found it finally.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS) Frequently Asked Questions/Help

"What is the difference between registering a UAS flown for fun vs. UAS flown for work or business?
If you fly your UAS for hobby or recreational purposes and you use the web-based registration process to register your aircraft, you only need to register once and then apply your registration number to as many UAS as you want. Recreational registrants only need to provide their name, address, and email address. The $5 registration fee covers all recreational UAS owned by the registrant."
That is good to know. Now I can buy that fleet of drones I've been wanting and not have to pay any more registration fees!

I would think that if your wife goes out on her own to fly(if the Hubsan is over .55 lbs) would she not be required to register separately, since she also owns a drone? I understand you are not registering the drone but the person responsible for operating the drone or multiple drones.

I would think that if your wife goes out on her own to fly(if the Hubsan is over .55 lbs) would she not be required to register separately, since she also owns a drone?
It wouldn't really matter either way since the OP technically owns both drones.

Yes, the FAA wants everyone to carry the paperwork or at least have it available digitally.

Yes, the paper work is now in each drone's case.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj