How to make your drone release something while in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
i want to figure out a way to attach something to my drone that i can trigger while it's in the air to make it drop something. we had a couple of ideas for this. one was to take something up and drop it way up with a parachute. another idea was to play vertical target practice, so we are going to make a target, lay it on the ground flat, and then fly a throwing knife up with the drone, hover directly over the target, and then see who can come closest.

does anybody have any ideas on how to do this? what would be coolest is if we could press a button on the remote to make it drop. but even if we had to balance it on the drone somehow and then tilt the drone real fast to make it fall, that would suck but still be better than nothing. i've seen lots of mods on here tho, so figured someone had figured something out.

hey i found the coolest thing ever that will help with your issue
its a special drone launcher Drone Clip from company Top Race

https://www.amazon.com/Top-Race-Launcher-Delivery-PATENTED/dp/B07521DGVD/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1518672670&sr=8-4&keywords=drone+clip

to canadian, i live in US so pretty sure its legal here. besides, i'm not trying to drop on somebody, just want to see how accurate we can be with a knife from way up in the clouds.

next thought was to take up a big firework, like a rocket. so we could attach a really long fuse on it and take it as high as the drone would go and release it when you saw in camera that fuse was about to light it. would be funny to see where it goes. same idea as those chasers that you point at people and watch them run, but sounds cooler when its coming down like a missile. lol

The idea of dropping anything like you are discussing is not only illegal here in the USA but it is not a brilliant idea. This is the type of thinking that creates laws for what is common sense "do not do." Admin! Please be a bit stronger in your don't discuss. For emergency delivery of aid these are wonderful. In the wrong hands, as is shown here, it could be deadly.

Admin! Please be a bit stronger in your don't discuss. For emergency delivery of aid these are wonderful. In the wrong hands, as is shown here, it could be deadly.

If you have a problem with a post then REPORT it and Staff will review it and make the needed changes or not.

Keep in mind that we try to moderate with a light hand and allow the forum to "Discuss" openly. You'd be surprised at how much good, solid, and valuable information is offered even in "Bad" threads.

I found the coolest thing ever and it works that will answer your question
It's a RC Drone Clip from Top Race

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07521DGVD
Welcome to the forum Dave and thanks for bringing this back from the dead .
Just so all know this CT has been long gone and it really isn't no need for this thread to be active so it is now
CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20