How to make your drone release something while in the air

Status
Not open for further replies.
geez.. i think there are enough admins on here already. are you trying to get a job??

Corey, while what you are trying to do may seem "cool" to you, many of us here don't think it's wise and could be very dangerous. Have you considered how you would prevent an uncontrolled release outside your target zone, for example?

Why not drop something else? Like fruit, or a parachute toy, or this idea?

Corey, while what you are trying to do may seem "cool" to you, many of us here don't think it's wise and could be very dangerous. Have you considered how you would prevent an uncontrolled release outside your target zone, for example?

Why not drop something else? Like fruit, or a parachute toy, or this idea?
image.jpeg

Reactions: Yenrab and dirkclod
I have asked nicely not to discuss this topic. So again, please do not discuss dangerous unsafe activities such as an uncontrolled dropping of a knife from height.

Aside from my warning, you may want to look up this FAA regulation. And by the way, "reasonable precautions" is not anything you can do when dropping a knife or releasing explosives (fireworks are explosives), so don't think you are exempt from this rule.
Screen Shot 2016-06-07 at 11.47.15 AM☀️.png

SOURCE: http://rgl.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgFAR.nsf/0/AD2EBDA6370BB404852566CF0061287A?OpenDocument

Reactions: Yenrab and dirkclod
geez.. i think there are enough admins on here already. are you trying to get a job??
Corey you don't know what part I play here and never will .If your not starting threads on chasing planes it's dropping knives.
Now you have been asked by the man to stop, and no there are not enough Mod/Adm with over 52,000 members to keep things straight .
Soooo..You keep on and I am too :)

DC in da house!

Reactions: dirkclod
you don't know what part I play here and never will
haha...is your title 'Assistant to the Forum Administrator' or something? that's fancy!

hey - i just think up cool and fun things to do with my drone. i know most of you older dudes are super afraid of all the rules, but i'm not out here robbing banks. nobody is getting hurt if i drop something down on my own property. some people on this seem to get that. that's why i share my ideas and i appreciate the suggestions. from now own though, i will imagine you telling me i'm doing something wrong every time i post something, so don't feel like you have to say anything if you are busy policing elsewhere. its like broken record already

ps - ask TJ, maybe he will let you fill out an application and get official

Reactions: sonof40
haha...is your title 'Assistant to the Forum Administrator' or something? that's fancy!

hey - i just think up cool and fun things to do with my drone. i know most of you older dudes are super afraid of all the rules, but i'm not out here robbing banks. nobody is getting hurt if i drop something down on my own property. some people on this seem to get that. that's why i share my ideas and i appreciate the suggestions. from now own though, i will imagine you telling me i'm doing something wrong every time i post something, so don't feel like you have to say anything if you are busy policing elsewhere. its like broken record already

Oh you really don't want that little one . Then where would you suggest all your great ideas ?

Reactions: Yenrab
Link to company that makes device is below. They are in Israel so it can take up to a month to have order delivered to your door. Easy installation. It triggers when front LED goes off. I have programed my C1 button to toggle front LED. Works great. Bought 12 plastic parachute guys on Amazon. In the video you will see this guy took one for the team and landed on a building never to be seen again.
thanks stanfran - i finally checked out that link and that's exactly what i was looking for. i just bought it! they didn't give me a shipping date, but hopefully it comes quicker than 2 months. july 4th is right around the corner and i can have some fun with this! i'm also thinking it would be fun to deliver smoke bombs to people from above. lol!! at least that would not be dangerous

for the drone police (official and self proclaimed): i am just kidding. i would never drop anything from a drone. i would never even fly a drone cuz its like a flying chopping machine ready to take peoples heads off. safety first. thanks for your support.

Corey Tucker, you are young, that much is clear. This hobby is under attack from the government for exactly the kinds of things you are asking to do. You can not control all factors involved here, dropping things in the air to hit ground is a sure fired way for someone to get hurt.

I beg you to reconsider and to find something more productive to do with this drone.

We may be older but with that age comes experience & wisdom. What you think is a perfectly acceptable thing to do, us old guys know it is not. You will gain experience & wisdom someday too, but until then it is best to listen to people who know better. I know that is a tough pill to swallow but it is what it is.

You want Dirkclod to be a moderator?

banned.jpg

:D

Here is a video from last week where I dropped a toy parachutist. Kids absolutely loved it. Not quite ready to be dropping knifes over my cookout. Here is video of drop. Tough part is keeping camera on parachute on way down.

Link to company that makes device is below. They are in Israel so it can take up to a month to have order delivered to your door. Easy installation. It triggers when front LED goes off. I have programed my C1 button to toggle front LED. Works great. Bought 12 plastic parachute guys on Amazon. In the video you will see this guy took one for the team and landed on a building never to be seen again.

Gimbal-Guard
That device can't work on P4. You can't turn off VPS on P4 like you can on P3. If you have noticed in this forum, anyone that installs a gimbal guard on a P4 experiences massive 60-80' yoyo effects, likely the result of more powerful VPS sensors that play havoc with the system if anything is nearby to bounce the sonar signal. I'm sure this device that mounts so close to the VPS sensors will do the same thing and interfere, not to mention the mounting ergonomics won't work, nor the LED sensing method shown in their installation video. I sure like the idea though. If used with common sense a P3 can do some amazing things using this device. In SAR operations you can deliver a life jacket, deliver a bottle of water, cell phone, snack, etc. Pulling a leader string across water to pull a rope is really helpful, often seen in flood scenarios. Delivering a wedding ring by air and capturing the moment on video was an interesting idea, suggested by this company in their videos of what you can do.

Last edited:
Until somebody get hurts, Guilt will hunt you down for the rest of your life, There is much fun like dropping light weight Parachute toy in a open area where there is no people, Less risk

I wanted to drop a toy parachute for my 3 years old so much but I still hesitate doing it even in a field close to housing area.

I probably will do it in rural area where there is no people, house or vehicles, But again dropping knife is a bad idea, If I seen someone dropping a knife, first thing I would do is call the cops and get them arrested.

Hope you don't count your days behind the bars

That device can't work on P4. You can't turn off VPS on P4 like you can on P3.
ok cool, good to know. i have both so i'll just make sure to attach it to the P3. i do all the risky stuff with that one anyway since it wouldn't be as big a deal if that one crashed or anything

That device can't work on P4. You can't turn off VPS on P4 like you can on P3. If you have noticed in this forum, anyone that installs a gimbal guard on a P4 experiences massive 60-80' yoyo effects, likely the result of more powerful VPS sensors that play havoc with the system if anything is nearby to bounce the sonar signal. I'm sure this device that mounts so close to the VPS sensors will do the same thing and interfere, not to mention the mounting ergonomics won't work, nor the LED sensing method shown in their installation video. I sure like the idea though. If used with common sense a P3 can do some amazing things using this device. In SAR operations you can deliver a life jacket, deliver a bottle of water, cell phone, snack, etc. Pulling a leader string across water to pull a rope is really helpful, often seen in flood scenarios. Delivering a wedding ring by air and capturing the moment on video was an interesting idea, suggested by this company in their videos of what you can do.

I apologize John Locke is correct. I have mine rigged up to my P3 not my P4. I should have pointed it out. Maybe the OP can cancel his order with Gimbal Guard if he doesn't have a P3.

I apologize John Locke is correct. I have mine rigged up to my P3 not my P4. I should have pointed it out. Maybe the OP can cancel his order with Gimbal Guard if he doesn't have a P3.
it's cool i have a P3. thanks again for the suggestion. how long did it take b4 they sent you tracking number? so far i've only got paypal receipt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav