How to lower video feed resolution?

Reaction score
I am using the DJI GO app version 3.1.28 in the United States for my Phantom 3 (standard version).

The HD icon and video quality settings for transmission, which I've seen mentioned elsewhere, do not appear to be present on my version of the DJI app.

This is a big headache as it limits my range significantly in many areas, and I have absolutely no need for high res video in real time as long as I can set it to record on the onboard SD card in high res.

US FAA rules dictate drones must be in line of sight at all times, so really I don't need any realtime video whatsoever. I just need the thing to record in high def and come back to me!

Am I doing something wrong or did DJI take this feature away?

Reactions: capposteve
Unless I am mistaken, and I very well could be. Those ICON's only indicate transmission quality ( Signal Strength) and have nothing to do with image quality. To my knowledge there is no way to change the actual image transmission "quality". The only thing you can change is the display and recording resolutions, which would do nothing for the transmission from the AC.

Unless I am mistaken, and I very well could be. Those ICON's only indicate transmission quality ( Signal Strength) and have nothing to do with image quality. To my knowledge there is no way to change the actual image transmission "quality". The only thing you can change is the display and recording resolutions, which would do nothing for the transmission from the AC.
You're not mistaken. With the P3A and the P3S there is no way to adjust the FPV (downlink) video feed quality. There is a slider for it, but the slider does nothing for those models since they are already capped at 2Mbps for FPV.

With the P3P however, the slider actually adjusts the FPV (downlink) video feed. Since the P3P has a max of 10Mbps for FPV, it can be adjusted lower with the slider to help with increasing distance.

Disclaimer - I still use GO v2.4.2, so that slider screen may have been modified with later app versions.

Reactions: JoBe and Fly Dawg
Ahhh got it! Thank you greatly. At least I know I'm not going crazy trying to find it, and seeing it referenced elsewhere.

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj