how to install tarot or dys gimbal (wires) on Phantom 2

How do you cable a Tarot 2d then so the Phantom thinks its a Zenmuse 2d? That would be the answer if anyone knows.

Anyone fitted a DYS 3 axis gimbal to the Phantom 2 instead of a Zenmuse ?

The DYS seems to have more in the way of configuration to resolve the stability issues that the H3-3D sppears to have.

dan,
I can't send PM yet due to restricted access.. but I'm doing this setup right now, and I don't know how to get v1.08. Is it not possible at all to configure this gimbal on the newest version? How did you get v1.08? or did you get it initally... right now the gimbal is just tilting up after a few minutes of movement, and can't configure the tilt on the RC... well, if you can help point me to a link or something that i can get that version I'd appreciate it...
:|

dano7602 said:
I have recently put a tarot v2 on my phantom 2 successfully with tilt without drilling holes. I am willing to help anyone that needs it as I was in need of help but with little help available on the V2 gimbal especially for the P2 I was pretty much on my own. Firstly I think Carl J was giving instruction regarding mounting the gimbal on a P1 as you need two different mounting brackets to mount a V2 gimbal on a P2. For more mounting info take a look at this thread http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=12974&hilit=tarot+gimbal+phantom+2. To mount a V2 gimbal on your P2 you will need the DJI go pro Camera aluminum bracket for phantom 2 and the Tarot T2d v2 carbon fiber adapter. Combining these two brackets together will allow you to mount your V2 on a P2 without drilling any holes. As for issues related to getting the tilt to work follow Carl J's instructions for properly hooking up the wires to F2 port.

For proper tilt configuration the key is to configure the tilt control on FIRMWARE 1.08. Once your phantom is on firmware 1.08 you will then calibrate the TX in R/C assistant software. The next step is to go to the gimbal tab in the P2 assistant software 1.08 and select the "gimbal on" selection and set the gimbal gains. After setting gains you then need calibrate the X1 channel in P2 assisant software 1.08. Your gimbal tilt should now respond after you calibrate the X1 channel. If the gimbal is now tilting properly you can go ahead upgrade your firmware back to 3.04 and the tilt function should still work.

I spent a few days figuring out how to mount and configure this gimbal so I would be happy to help anyone as it can be a headache as there is very little literature on mounting a tarot V2 gimbal on a Phantom 2.

i download the version 1.08
I get it ..
you must update Main Controller Firmware to new version.
I need to lose phantom firmware ??
how do you do that??
some tutorial?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj