How to get a new QR Code ?

AnselA said:
dragonash said:
This is what I generated with it

I'm curious if this QR code will bind your camera

That contains: BB111431241524

= serial number, not MAC address!

thanks for filling me in.
ok, so the QR code that was scanned in earlier wasnt the proper one.
It's a difficult thing to figure out for me since I have an FC40 and no range extender to use with the vision app.

But from the jist of what I have heard and seen with the app, the app looks for the extender and then in turn, the extender wants to scan the QR code, which includes the MAC Address of the camera, correct?

So instead of joining a wifi network like normal, it just binds the mac address.

This is just theory based on my limited exeprience and lack of hardware.
*IF* you can find out the mac address of an FC40 camera, would you be able to generate a QR code and bind it to the DJI extender?

Code scans but doesn't work :(. When I try to connect to the camera I get the prompt ''Connection to Phantom failed' :([/quote]

You cannot connect to the new camera using the MAC address of the old camera.[/quote]

Yes, you're absolutely right.
I made a stupid mistake.

It is a while ago since a made my QR code that worked perfect.

Trick is now, to get the SSID and MAC of the new camera.

This can be done as followed (did a little research and found some info that I saved with a brief How-To...).

Turn on the PV and camera, NOT the extender.

Look with (almost) any device in your WIFI list.
Find the blind spot, hidden SSID camera.

Then you have the MAC address.

If this for example:

60-60-1F00-04-16

Your camera SSID is:

FC200_000416

The last 6 positions are the same.

Now make it like this:

http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOM VISION&3=AJ221429457772&4=FC200_000416&5=60601F000416

Create QR code with text.

Ready!

walexx said:
AnselA said:
dragonash said:
This is what I generated with it

I'm curious if this QR code will bind your camera

That contains: BB111431241524

= serial number, not MAC address!

Nup comes up 'Invalid QR Code' :(

Vision app may say so because when QR code image is decoded the resulting string is not valid for binding. QR code (image) itself is "valid", if you decode it with a generic QR code reader.

JCruise said:
Code scans but doesn't work :(. When I try to connect to the camera I get the prompt ''Connection to Phantom failed' :(

You cannot connect to the new camera using the MAC address of the old camera.[/quote]

Yes, you're absolutely right.
I made a stupid mistake.

It is a while ago since a made my QR code that worked perfect.

Trick is now, to get the SSID and MAC of the new camera.

This can be done as followed (did a little research and found some info that I saved with a brief How-To...).

Turn on the PV and camera, NOT the extender.

Look with (almost) any device in your WIFI list.
Find the blind spot, hidden SSID camera.

Then you have the MAC address.

If this for example:

60-60-1F00-04-16

Your camera SSID is:

FC200_000416

The last 6 positions are the same.

Now make it like this:

http://m.dji.net/djivision?1=DJI&2=PHANTOM VISION&3=AJ221429457772&4=FC200_000416&5=60601F000416

Create QR code with text.

Ready![/quote]

Hmmmm where would I find a blind spot ??.

hey guys, please clean up the quote tags in the threads, its getting confusing :)

I also think there is a slight language barrier that might be confusing some of us. But I think I get the jist.

Can anyone post a picture of an actual vision QR code? I dont *think* thats a security risk.
I'd like to see something.

dragonash said:
Can anyone post a picture of an actual vision QR code? I dont *think* thats a security risk.

This QR code was on P2V box. If some body succeeds to bind with this code, you must be pretty close to DJI premises. This camera was returned to DJI...

Attachments

• Phantom_QR.jpg
    Phantom_QR.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 604
AnselA said:
dragonash said:

This QR code was on P2V box. If some body succeeds to bind with this code, you must be pretty close to DJI premises. This camera was returned to DJI...

ahh.. i see now how its binding... I wish i could mess around with dji extender and my fc40 cam

All i see is a box full of pixels ha ha ha. I wish I could figure it out, its so frustrating. Its a pity they use QR codes to bind everything. I guess its great when it works, just a pain when it doesn't :(

walexx said:
All i see is a box full of pixels ha ha ha. I wish I could figure it out, its so frustrating. Its a pity they use QR codes to bind everything. I guess its great when it works, just a pain when it doesn't :(

I feel that the use of QR codes is their way of "making it easy" while also hiding some things. But there is nothing special about QR codes in general. They could be a link to a webpage, made to make a contact automatically set into your phone or even auto email with a subject and address.

Can someone please give me a real dji extender SSID?
It should look something like this
Phantom_1xxxxx

I have my wrt54g router set as a repeater using DDWRT and I am going to try to rename it to that when I get home.
If it works, I will be able to pair the dji app to my extender. Then the next step is seeing what I can do with the FC40 cam.

one step at a time.

walexx said:

I have not installed Vision app V2 or V3, but isn't there an option to enter SSID and MAC address by the keyboard, without QR code?

AnselA said:
walexx said:

I have not installed Vision app V2 or V3, but isn't there an option to enter SSID and MAC address by the keyboard, without QR code?

i dont see anything like that when i look.
The first thing it looks for is the ssid for the extender. If its not connected to that "wifi network" first, it will not let you configure anything else.

there IS an option to renamed the SSID of the extender - but again, you need to be connected to it first

so i got my linksys router to imitate the dji extender simply by renaming the SSID to Phantom_xxxxxx

When I boot up the DJI Vision app on my android phone, it sees it and I can then try to bind it.
Now im stumped on the next step. It's looking for an SSID and/or mac address before anything else.

I thought maybe binding the IP of the FC40 camera to it's own mac address in DDWRT would provide the info its looking for, but that seems to fail.

Does anyone know the next step the app is trying to take?

edit:
upon further investigation, it seems that the mac bind option for DDWRT just plain doesnt work.
so im at a dead end :(
But im still damned convinced we can trick the DJI extender to bind to any wifi camera. It might be as simple as a naming convention. That seems to be the ongoing trend with how they make their apps

dragonash said:
But im still damned convinced we can trick the DJI extender to bind to any wifi camera. It might be as simple as a naming convention. That seems to be the ongoing trend with how they make their apps

I disagree. The binding is based on unique MAC addresses of network interface controllers.

The current version of the iOS and android apps allow you to manually bind your range extender to your camera without the QR code. Just need to enter the SSID and MAC address. The SSID is FC200_ and the last 6 digits of the MAC address (without the : separators of course). If you don't see the Mac address on the camera you can use programs to scan for WiFi networks like netstumbler or use a 3rd party range extender. The cameras MAC is the one with a blank SSID.

BenDronePilot said:
The current version of the iOS and android apps allow you to manually bind your range extender to your camera without the QR code. Just need to enter the SSID and MAC address. The SSID is FC200_ and the last 6 digits of the MAC address (without the : separators of course). If you don't see the Mac address on the camera you can use programs to scan for WiFi networks like netstumbler or use a 3rd party range extender. The cameras MAC is the one with a blank SSID.

I have a Mac, is there something else I can use as netstumbler seems to be a PC thing.

walexx said:
BenDronePilot said:

I have a Mac, is there something else I can use as netstumbler seems to be a PC thing.

i think if you connect your mac to the camera wifi and go into system preferences and network settings, it will tell you the more detailed info there.

Also, can someone directly connect (wifi) to the vision camera? (both vision and vision+), then browse to the 192.168.1.1 address in their browser?

Does anything say its made from "ambarella".
I'm curious if they are using the same company for all their cameras

Holy crap. All the time you have wasted on this. Just call DJI. You will spend an hour waiting to get through and a day waiting on an email. They will send you the right code and you will see there are numbers and letters in that line of text that you cannot get from the s/n and mac address. Trust me. Just friggin call em.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj