P3 Firmware How to downgrade via DJI Go App

Reaction score
Hi,

this has probably been covered but plenty of people are asking;

In the DJIGo app, press and hold the 'Academy' link......up pops a downgrade option!!!!

I have made a really poor slideshow--

hope it helps someone

I have heard that quite a lot! I'll have a try with mine once charged again....

I've made a little progress today; I have an older iPhone with the previous version app on it. I thought that it was giving a tiny bit more range before losing video but really it was wishfull thinking! I let it update to the latest from the Apple store and after reading other advice I re-linked the RC and calibrated the IMU from within the App.

The test flight just now found video working out to 90m! a big improvement from before but still nothing like what it should be, prior to this update I had never lost video and had flown for ages at 120m Alt and 200m linear distance away....it was so capable it was getting a bit boring! teehee

Next step I think is to uninstall the app and reload it onto the phone, have you tried that yourself yet?

Have to say the P3S flies very well on the new FW, it is certainly smoother and sounds different too! it's quieter with less of a miss-matched 'beat-note' in the prop noise like they are running at a more synchronised speed??

Still. we should get better range on video! even my old toy 'copters, the X5C and Hubsan were better than this!

regards

Terry

This is good to know.

I caved into the 'popup' and upgraded the firmware on the controller from 1.5.70 to 1.6.0.

...which cause another error to popup.

Hi,

this has probably been covered but plenty of people are asking;

In the DJIGo app, press and hold the 'Academy' link......up pops a downgrade option!!!!

I have made a really poor slideshow--

hope it helps someone
Should I reformat my card again before I do this? The new 1.8.10 version failed so I went to the archive firmware list on the dji help site and manually tried to download my 1.7.90 version that worked before this nightmare upgrade. I should have just left it alone

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl