How to determine firmware version

Reaction score
I just upgraded my Phantom 3 Advance firmware, and can't get the Pilot App to connect on my Galaxy S5. It was a bit flaky before with video in the camera function going to black and white before freezing at times. But now I can't get any connection, so I have no ability to calibrate the bird. Controller still talks fine to the bird with flight and gimbal controls working ok.

I've tried various cables, various bird-controller-app startup patterns, rebooting and clearing cache on my phone. Wifi on the phone is off. One person indicated that he removed and reinserted his bird battery, so I'll try that next, and I'll also go try all this outside of the house (in view of GPS) tomorrow and report back.

I believe the firmware update went ok, got the success text file on the bird, and the blue dot on the controller. but I did not get any confirmation text files added to my thumb drive after the controller upgrade as one youtube video showed.

Is there a way to identify versions of firmware on the bird and controller?

I'm pretty sure you check through the app, but if its not connecting that wont work. I would try connecting it to the Naza Software that DJI has.

You can check it through the app. If that does not work your able to take the SD card and get a reading from there as well. Plug into the computer, open with whatever program you use and the reading should say successful. That's how you will know.

I just upgraded my Phantom 3 Advance firmware, and can't get the Pilot App to connect on my Galaxy S5. It was a bit flaky before with video in the camera function going to black and white before freezing at times. But now I can't get any connection, so I have no ability to calibrate the bird. Controller still talks fine to the bird with flight and gimbal controls working ok.

I've tried various cables, various bird-controller-app startup patterns, rebooting and clearing cache on my phone. Wifi on the phone is off. One person indicated that he removed and reinserted his bird battery, so I'll try that next, and I'll also go try all this outside of the house (in view of GPS) tomorrow and report back.

I believe the firmware update went ok, got the success text file on the bird, and the blue dot on the controller. but I did not get any confirmation text files added to my thumb drive after the controller upgrade as one youtube video showed.

Is there a way to identify versions of firmware on the bird and controller?

Make sure you are running the latest pilot software from the dji website, 1.1.0 for Android. The version from Google play might not talk to the update controller.

http://m.dji.net/djipilot

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers