How to bring home and land?

Reaction score
I have tried several times to fly way point missions and with my Phantom 2 several times. When it gets to the last waypoint, it heads back to the first waypoint instead of returning home and landing, like I thought it should.
So, how in the hell do I make the ground station app make my Phantom 2 come home and land automatically?

You need to set your last waypoint to your home position. I don't know that you can make it land automatically with Ground Station. If you want to do that, you could always use the RTH mode by turning off the radio, or if in NAZA-M mode, toggle the S1 switch to bottom position. Just make sure there's no obstructions between the bird and the home location.

You just told me what I have already done in the past, for that, thanks. At least what I tried in the past is what others have had to do and at least that make me feel that what I have done is what others have done.

It would seem that DJI would have already known this and fixed the problem, which it is. Anyone should be able to set way points and then have it return home after going to the last waypoint, which is what any Phantom has failed to do. They spend thousands on new things, but forget the basics or us who have been faithful by buying there earlier products, so here we go again, another corporate greed comporation failing to support all of their products. With them, the corporate greedy mother's, just want you to buy their new products and fail to support their basic products. I really hoped, that DJI would not be this way, evidently not.

Who's to say that everyone wants it to automatically return to the launch position after a flight? If they do... simply set the last waypoint to that location and everyone is happy. Consider that everyone else it not just like you and by not having it return home and allowing people to set home as their last waypoint that everyone is appeased.

If the battery drops to a certain level while flying in Ground Station mode the drone will return to home and land. If it's allowed to fly to the last waypoint and hover it will eventually land when the battery level drops to that low level.

To your first post... the drone should fly to the last waypoint and stop. I'm betting it probably does this. If not, then you either set something up incorrectly or your drone is defective. Again, I'm betting that it flies to the last waypoint and hovers.

You just told me what I have already done in the past, for that, thanks. At least what I tried in the past is what others have had to do and at least that make me feel that what I have done is what others have done.

It would seem that DJI would have already known this and fixed the problem, which it is. Anyone should be able to set way points and then have it return home after going to the last waypoint, which is what any Phantom has failed to do. They spend thousands on new things, but forget the basics or us who have been faithful by buying there earlier products, so here we go again, another corporate greed comporation failing to support all of their products. With them, the corporate greedy mother's, just want you to buy their new products and fail to support their basic products. I really hoped, that DJI would not be this way, evidently not.

Wow for so many reasons
just Wow

all that for a freaking waypoint! and rude to someone helping on top of that , wow!

Much ado about nothing. Set the waypoint at Home, or take over manually. I don't want my Phantom landing by itself. Prefer to hand-catch to avoid tip over.

My original post was to find out if anyone had figured out how to make the Phantom return home automatically after going to the last assigned waypoint. I had already learned to set the last waypoint at my home position and then flip the switch from GPS to Atti and then land it manually. It is just my contention that this failure to program an automatic return home function with the Ground Station after the last waypoint is something DJI could have done something about and hasn't.
In the Ground Station app, when you set up your waypoints, you or at least I see a green line that runs from the last waypoint back to the first waypoint. If I set up only one way point, the Phantom will fly to it and then just hover and hover until I take control. In reality, the Phantom does not fly totally autonomous flights if the operator has to intervene in any part of the flight, from take off to landing.

I just expect more from companies who make claims about their products and expect the product to deliever 100%. I will be the first to admit that the Phantom Line is an admirable piece of equipment, well designed, pretty well built, fun to fly, somewhat simplistic in it's operation and giving the world a new perspective on many things in a multitude of life's events.

You tell the Phantom to go, here, here, here and here... and then it does so automatically. You claim is it does not automatically fly to where it took off and than land that it's not flying autonomously. Sorry, but you would be incorrect. It flew, on it's own, exactly where you told it to fly. There are many good reason's why someone would not want the Phantom to land automatically. Coming down to a level where people could be located is always a risk. It should always be a first choice to have the pilot take control in these areas. As far as automatically flying from the last waypoint to the home position, this _IS_ an _option. Just as you want. I can have the Phantom not return to home by not setting a waypoint in that location. You can have it return by setting a waypoint in that position. It's _that_ simple. You claim this is an issue as you don't want to click on the screen? Sorry, but it's far better to be able to direct the Phantom on how to return home rather then make it fly in a straight line back and not give anyone that option. Your solution fits only you... DJI's set up allows everyone to do what they want and adds one click to the screen for what you want.

BTW - the Phantom _will_ automatically return to home and land at the end of a GS flight... you just need to wait for the battery to drain. I know this is not what you are looking for... but it will do this.

I haven't installed my GS yet, but what if the last waypoint had an altitude of zero or -1?

When the Phantom thinks it has stopped its descent for three seconds, it shuts down.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20