Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

How much is too much weight?

Discussion in 'Phantom 1 Discussion' started by pmacafee, Feb 16, 2015.

1. pmacafee

So I added a Walkera gimbal and GoPro, then I added an FPV board and antenna upgrade, then I added a Multistar 4000 to get some range back, then I added a Sunhans 2w booster and now I want to add a second battery, The battery rack seller says not to use it with a gimbal as the whole setup will be too heavy and overheat the motors. What is the limit to add-ons?

2. Great Pumpkin

Remember that increased weight means decreased flight time. You may be able to fly with lots of toys attached to your Phantom for maybe 2 minutes. Perhaps your question might be rephrased as "how much weight can I add to my Phantom before it won't even lift off the ground?"

3. rebelyellNC

Regardless of how you phrase the question, the OP is interested in knowing what is practical AUW and what is not. Having done a number of mods to my Phantom 1.1.1, along with FPV, I'm interested too. Anyone have any real experience on how much is too much???