How much better is Lightbridge?

Well, my Advanced has arrived. The first thing I noticed was the build quality of the controller, it's a completely different animal! Also, maybe it's me but the bird herself feels heavier than the standard too. Really impressed so far, I'm in the process of charging the controller and charger up and will be doing the firmware updates if required. Looking forward to flying tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Lightbridge is a world of difference. You should know that the P3A and P3P are different as well. DJI limited the P3A to 2mbps live video, while the P3P gets up to 10mbps. That's a big difference in quality. Although I've never seen a P3A live view, as everyone I know got the P3P...

I was about to post this. This is a huge difference. Plus on the Pro you have the option to go to manual settings and change the bitrate if you anticipate not needing such a strong signal. I think this saves a little power too. (My opinion, might not be true) I like to do this if I do a long distance run.

I don't consider it a waste just a hobby. 4 Phantoms (including the Vision+) is pretty tame in comparison to some of my other stuff. I also have about 50 fixed-wing aircraft, two gun safes chock full of uber-cool boy toys, a dozen computers, half a dozen cameras, a dozen guitars, the massive Ryobi One+ collection, etc.. Oh & then there is the 40+ custom lightsabers. o_O I enjoy my hobbies & all together it still adds up to a lot less than my neighbor has invested in his custom show Vette. :cool:

fMpUbUHiq_MvI0z_LcX5MdGrK01KSrN8VbuGm5z0I7p2pGKXQNQcV_DnVe9gK3Oash3oIaoBOHF8gO9zoJz7sR6ERFpx-QAn8ijdB2GKXPSW1ZubP65vz2MMy8U0MRTacywvVX_k5u-3CHbiWhvytyQoGjzDcAJYQhBsVGDj2hL1k8q_ghG7Cm8NZj6J_7wv6Vj_KHQBYOA8f4kI0w6VoUuebOZB_mZ29Xj5_z1mwGDOl1TCVewv6T46E50-yCJdcNj103U16bImhmTiFbYvwHIONQ9CG1fkYGD4lIgVhe4tAVW6WH9XOvnhc_5NSKbPY19jrzMfZ9LarI-lYMFGRMLOtoFY6SdYy6d6ToareT8_Hr8_fQNTwYtRnHTfaT54hFBTIf2wFGDQI5Bxrk7jSJLQbxs6mP5PkdLoPDh-1xuNAn5mtyNZ6HfW4rSBmBtpew6dy6ejx3K7Mb7o7qsH47p_UV_u0F8V-EgSYx_ckyYUVRw0PmWiu4oqeiam4N8ZUvgNRgkmzynZVC_n59k4pXF0LTf8FGHkjl3yiUK3iqtdZ-YkyEfJd2U5_4F1n6ZFdq8mtw=w1131-h636-no
Oh no! Not the Light Sabers again!

I'll never forget shortly after the Inspire was released watching a video where a guy took off from his driveway & promptly smashed his brand new Inspire 1 into the garage door. His wife was standing near the point of impact & watched in horror as it crashed and bits started flying off. Egads! :eek:

The Inspire 1 is an awesome machine & I truly love the way it transforms in flight, but having so much money tied up in a single aircraft is why I opted for dual-Phantoms. I can't imagine I'd have much fun flying with so much money on the line with every flight. Would definitely cramp my style! It's also a lot more to lug around than the much more diminutive Phantom.

My pal has an Inspire. I've flown it - some power compared to the Phantom - but it takes a whole lot longer to set it up. The Phantom is ready to go in an instant.

I like how you remove the Inspire from its heavy duty included case, power it on & the legs extend, then install the quick-disconnect camera. Never flown one but the Inspire definitely has a lot more power available than the Phantom. But as you said is much more portable & quicker to launch.

My pal has an Inspire. I've flown it - some power compared to the Phantom - but it takes a whole lot longer to set it up. The Phantom is ready to go in an instant.

I like how you remove the Inspire from its heavy duty included case, power it on & the legs extend, then install the quick-disconnect camera. Never flown one but the Inspire definitely has a lot more power available than the Phantom. But as you said is much more portable & quicker to launch.

The camera has to be in exact alignment, and you'd almost need three hands to put it on and locked, if the Inspire isn't on the ground, the legs won't come out of transit mode (took a while to find that one out!), and getting the camera back into its case make a Rubik's Cube look like a child's toy.

Mind you, a Rubik's Cube is a child's toy, I suppose.

However, the Phantom is up in the air in half the time.

The camera has to be in exact alignment, and you'd almost need three hands to put it on and locked, if the Inspire isn't on the ground, the legs won't come out of transit mode
While this is a bit complicated for first-time Inspire 1 pilots, it gets easier as you get into a routine. Mine is ready to fly < 60 seconds after I take it out of my case. There are also some cases that allow the Inspire 1 to be stored in landing mode with the camera attached.

The aircraft is heavier. 1280g vs. 1216 for the Standard.

Well, my Advanced has arrived. The first thing I noticed was the build quality of the controller, it's a completely different animal! Also, maybe it's me but the bird herself feels heavier than the standard too. Really impressed so far, I'm in the process of charging the controller and charger up and will be doing the firmware updates if required. Looking forward to flying tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic