How long did it take DJI to ship your P3P?

After much thought, I am going a different route.

As long as I have to wait till June, I will order the Solo. The gimbal for that won't come until later in June, but I can get to know the new system with the fixed mount untill then, and at least 3DR is up front about the delay for the gimbal before I order. I also have an option for a free battery if I wait for the gimbal. In any case, They have a "30 day return with no questions asked" policy for the whole setup, and a complete fly away gaurantee, with much better service.

Fair enough. Brave but understandable!

I'm one deep breath away from doing just that. If you tell me it's going to ship in "3-5 days" that's what I expect. I am not happy seeing them change that to 5-7 days because I have no reason to believe even that's honest.

Exactly - they also lied to me while I was cancelling, saying that "it'll come within just a few days please hold on!"
Heard that one before DJI! Ordered from a local dealer with stock instead :)

Fair enough. Brave but understandable!

Exactly - they also lied to me while I was cancelling, saying that "it'll come within just a few days please hold on!"
Heard that one before DJI! Ordered from a local dealer with stock instead :)

I cancelled using the stated DJI process (email) and also called, but the 818 number just tells you to send an email. I then called support (to try and get a real person) since I originally wasn't getting anything but automated responses, and they said they can't help me... and to send an email.

3 days after (late last Friday).. DJI sent an email saying "your order has shipped".... Of course it was only a lable created.... I contacted them again stating that I had cancelled, and would not accept the package.... And in fact wouldn't be at the location the package was being delivered to to sign for it. They responded saying the package had shipped... And of course Fedex showed that nothing had moved anywhere....

Today the package shows leaving China!!!!!!

I started a case with Paypal... DJI responded (quickly this time instead of 2-3 days like they do to me) but they said again... Your package has already shipped, and if I don';t want it, "I" can ship it back to them....

I have responded explaining that this package is now weeks late, and that I was clear all along that I will not accept the package after May. I am escalating the issue with PayPal.

At this point I have no interest in being a DJI customer...

Ordered from DJI online store on 15/5 - it has just been picked up by DHL in UK - now waiting for it to get to DK :)

No extra battery - it's still pending

Took RCDepot 1 day to ship mine. Ordered it and they shipped the next day. About 3 weeks ago.

I cancelled using the stated DJI process (email) and also called, but the 818 number just tells you to send an email. I then called support (to try and get a real person) since I originally wasn't getting anything but automated responses, and they said they can't help me... and to send an email.

3 days after (late last Friday).. DJI sent an email saying "your order has shipped".... Of course it was only a lable created.... I contacted them again stating that I had cancelled, and would not accept the package.... And in fact wouldn't be at the location the package was being delivered to to sign for it. They responded saying the package had shipped... And of course Fedex showed that nothing had moved anywhere....

Today the package shows leaving China!!!!!!

I started a case with Paypal... DJI responded (quickly this time instead of 2-3 days like they do to me) but they said again... Your package has already shipped, and if I don';t want it, "I" can ship it back to them....

I have responded explaining that this package is now weeks late, and that I was clear all along that I will not accept the package after May. I am escalating the issue with PayPal.

At this point I have no interest in being a DJI customer...

Ouch, if you have your notice of cancellation on record through email you have a good case. That was exactly what I feared would happen with mine, so I made sure to cancel via the live chat on the website. They cancelled it there and then and I had my money within a couple of days.

Ouch, if you have your notice of cancellation on record through email you have a good case. That was exactly what I feared would happen with mine, so I made sure to cancel via the live chat on the website. They cancelled it there and then and I had my money within a couple of days.

Got an email today saying they will give a refund when the packages are returned to them..... Not sure how that is going to happen, or if "returned" means the US or China. *sigh*

I am moving on from DJI, but another lesson here for those that choose to do business with them is to NEVER buy direct from them, and if you can, avoid sending them anything for repair.. ALWAYS go through a dealer, which can speak your language, work in your time zone, and most importantly insulate you from DJI. If it weren't for PayPal, I know I would have no leverage, which appears to be very important with them, and I think I would have been hosed...

Still never arrived. Was state side in CA as of yesterday. That would make order to delivery at just about 1 month....

They were fighting the return, but I paid through PayPal (great decision) so while it looks like they will go kicking and screaming and it will take a while, I will get my money back.

Now waiting on the Solo... Heard about the Matrix 100, but am so unhappy with DJI in general, and happy with 3DR from the past, that I am happy going this way.

These quads are WAY... to complex devices to not get transparent info and support from the manufacturer, and I cringe thinking about a fly away and crash, then shipping the unit to China for several months, all of which has happened to more experienced flyers than I, and on this very forum...

Received my Phantom 3p3 today. Ordered on 17 May, 2015 directly from DJI. About 2 1/2 weeks from date the order was placed. Waiting for the extra battery from DJI.

P3P & extra battery ordered on dji.com website
  • Purchase date: June 6, 2015
  • Payment status: Complete and confirmed
  • Available to ship: (5-7 working days)
  • Shipping status: (Pending as of June 4, 2015)
  • Shipping status: (Preparing as of June 5, 2015)
  • Shipping status: (Shipped as of June 6, 2015)
  • Shipping company: (FedEx)
  • FedEx projected arrival date: (June 10, 2015)
  • June 06, 2015 At FedEx origin facility SHENZHEN CN
  • June 08, 2015 In transit LANTAU ISLAND HK
  • June 08, 2015 In transit CHEK LAP KOK HK
  • June 08, 2015 Arrived at FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
  • June 09, 2015 Departed FedEx location MEMPHIS, TN
  • June 09, 2015 At destination sort facility LOUISVILLE, TN
  • June 09, 2015 Delivered (1 day early than projected)
Staying up late and reading

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic