How is this a Deal? What am I missing here?

Reaction score
dwcby.jpg

Um check out nz price,,sure if I look I could get new one for same price.. $$2199
Screenshot_20180413-120406.jpg

If you click on the ad and look, the $1439 is for a P4P+. It includes the CrystalSky 5.5" monitor. You can also select a P4P non plus model for $1199. I've been looking everywhere, and these are the best deals I have been able to find. Thinking about pulling the trigger, just can't decide which one. Even though it's a higher price, the P4P+ is actually the best deal. It's been reported by users of this forum that some have received brand new units - that don't even have an "R" at the end of the serial number. Some say it's DJI dumping stock, calling them refurbs so they don't upset their own dealers.

That could well be the truth.
I recently bought a Mavic Pro that the seller said was a refurb.
$569.00!!
What I got was brand new. No letter R anywhere in the S/N.

If I end up pulling the trigger on one of these, I will report back what I actually receive.

A Refurb is usually a product that has been used or a shop demonstrator that has been returned to a DJI dealer and checked over thoroughly and more often than not any malfunctioning item is replaced and then re-sold as a refurb cheaper than "new out-of-the-box. My experience is that they are as good as new but cheaper.

A Refurb is usually a product that has been used or a shop demonstrator that has been returned to a DJI dealer and checked over thoroughly and more often than not any malfunctioning item is replaced and then re-sold as a refurb cheaper than "new out-of-the-box. My experience is that they are as good as new but cheaper.
Ok thanks. My son bought a refurbished P3S and it is really like a new one. It is good to know. What about the warranty?

You get about a 3 month Warranty if my memory banks serve me correctly.

My son bought a refurbished P3S and it is really like a new one. It is good to know. What about the warranty?
If you buy from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer, you'll receive the same warranty as a brand new Phantom. You can also buy DJI Care for refurbished products. DJI has more information about their refurbished products on their website here.

Reactions: dmiles
If you buy from DJI or an authorized DJI dealer, you'll receive the same warranty as a brand new Phantom. You can also buy DJI Care for refurbished products. DJI has more information about their refurbished products on their website here.
Ok, interesting to know

I bought a Mavic Pro "refurb" from DJI, and it didn't have a mark or a fingerprint on it anywhere. Looked no different than a brand new unit, and it came with the same warranty as a new unit. Flies like a dream. Saved a few hundred bucks.

That could well be the truth.
I recently bought a Mavic Pro that the seller said was a refurb.
$569.00!!
What I got was brand new. No letter R anywhere in the S/N.

It may not necessarily show in the Serial Number. There may be an "R" stamped or burned into the plastic somewhere in an inconspicuous spot on it. Sometimes the "R" is not seen until you disassemble it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31