How far can a standard fly and return home?

in doing the math..sometimes i dont think..i flew 15840 feet one way but during the summer months..3 miles one way

I probably won't try to go this far again. It is nice to know what the platform is capable of though.

All I see is links for Facebook, Twitter and such.. Which I don't do any of.
The link works for me:

upload_2017-12-10_0-56-31.png

This morning I went 15,500' & returned to land with 9% battery..I was a little concerned to say the least. It was about 38 degrees with no or almost no wind. This is in what I would call an optional location to fly. I NEVER lost signal or video. I manually activated rth at about 52% battery. Talk about sweating bullets

This morning I went 15,500' & returned to land with 9% battery..I was a little concerned to say the least. It was about 38 degrees with no or almost no wind. This is in what I would call an optional location to fly. I NEVER lost signal or video. I manually activated rth at about 52% battery. Talk about sweating bullets
I can get out like that with about 20 25% in warm weather using the DBS mod. No wind

Under

under your app menu, aircraft battery section, change your critical battery level (use caution) it's factory set at 10% to auto land. I moved min to 6%

Still waiting to see how you did it ... (others are too !)

Nigel

It has the itelite antenna
That's awesome! I have both the CP antennae you see a lot of on ebay and I have the ITELITE installed and untested......and the amplifiers are in the mail! What's cool is that I'l be able to amplify either antenna setup - with a little modification of the CP antennae. So far, I got something like 2.8 miles over hilly terrain @ 1640'. Also using the Ohio River for scenery and navigation purposes. It's funny how the signal travels best over water. Really psyched to check out the antenna, and even more so, the amps. PS.....Can't the signal path also be improved by modding the DRONE antenna?

Last edited:
That's awesome! I have both the CP antennae you see a lot of on ebay and I have the ITELITE installed and untested......and the amplifiers are in the mail! What's cool is that I'l be able to amplify either antenna setup - with a little modification of the CP antennae. So far, I got something like 2.8 miles over hilly terrain @ 1640'. Also using the Ohio River for scenery and navigation purposes. It's funny how the signal travels best over water. Really psyched to check out the antenna, and even more so, the amps. PS.....Can't the signal path also be improved by modding the DRONE antenna?

I'm not really sure about the drone antenna. I'm at the end of my battery at what I flew. I could see the amps being used if you wanted stronger signal in a city type setting, but for distance they wouldn't help me any as I had pretty good signal even out to max distance although you really have to be precise with controller aiming

Here you go! DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions, then post a link back here.
I've tried numerous times to get a link. But all I see is a .txt link of the log and when I try to open it it's gibberish.

Also the directions arent super clear, do you go thru the PC into the phone to look for log (which is what I assume) ?

I've tried numerous times to get a link. But all I see is a .txt link of the log and when I try to open it it's gibberish.

Also the directions arent super clear, do you go thru the PC into the phone to look for log (which is what I assume) ?

The log is a text file, so it sounds like you found it. Now go back to your PC and open this link in your browser: DJI Flight Log Viewer.

From there you will use "BROWSE" to find that text file, then hit the upload button. This site will unscramble the "gibberish" and layout all the details. Pretty cool stuff. If you really get stuck, feel free to send me the file via private messaging. I'll upload it when I get a chance.

And YES, you will need to get that file off your phone. Connect to PC or e-mail it to yourself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor