How far can a standard fly and return home?

Oh yeah, Dashware. I'm a big dashware fan. The data is from Litchi and Flytrex.

I wish Dashware would work for 4k though.

Under
You were extremely lucky. I was not. My Std sits there completely ********'d.

The Std is not as controllable in this situation as the Pro / Adv. The manual says you can cancel auto-land when it first kicks in ... and later alter the landing point ...

Well I can say with hand on heart that it did not work for me. Once auto-land kicked in - that was it ... I tried cancelling - I tried to alter landing point ... she went down where she wanted - nothing I could do altered it.

Nigel

under your app menu, aircraft battery section, change your critical battery level (use caution) it's factory set at 10% to auto land. I moved min to 6%

Under

under your app menu, aircraft battery section, change your critical battery level (use caution) it's factory set at 10% to auto land. I moved min to 6%

That's interesting - how did you do that ? DJI GO only allows down to 10% .....

Both my P3S and P3P default to minimum allowed 10% ... not possible to reduce below that.

And of course LITCHI uses the settings made by GO.

So honestly - please can you show how you reduced to 6% ............

With regard to my P3S now - its all academic but good for others if can be done.

Nigel

Oh yeah, Dashware. I'm a big dashware fan. The data is from Litchi and Flytrex.

I wish Dashware would work for 4k though.

Try uploading your flight log to airdata/uav then export back out. I don't have access right now but I think the KML file will work with Dashboard. I know that's how I use it; either the KML or CSV. I don't know if it matters what series you have.

Try uploading your flight log to airdata/uav then export back out. I don't have access right now but I think the KML file will work with Dashboard. I know that's how I use it; either the KML or CSV. I don't know if it matters what series you have.

That's how I do it, but I haven't tried with a video higher than 1080P. It didn't like the .mov files, so I convert to .mp4 with easy movie maker.

You were extremely lucky. I was not. My Std sits there completely ********'d.

The Std is not as controllable in this situation as the Pro / Adv. The manual says you can cancel auto-land when it first kicks in ... and later alter the landing point ...

Well I can say with hand on heart that it did not work for me. Once auto-land kicked in - that was it ... I tried cancelling - I tried to alter landing point ... she went down where she wanted - nothing I could do altered it.

Nigel

You just have to push the left stick forward to maintain altitude while using the right stick to pull it back (or at least out of river).

You can do this until battery is at about 1%. Try it.

I can g'tee that my P3S did not respond to stick movements once it initiated auto-land. Another may find theirs does, but mine definitely didn't.

My P3S is dead now - so I just post what happened and what I could / couldn't do.

Nigel

This morning I went 15,500' & returned to land with 9% battery..I was a little concerned to say the least. It was about 38 degrees with no or almost no wind. This is in what I would call an optional location to fly. I NEVER lost signal or video. I manually activated rth at about 52% battery. Talk about sweating bullets

I took mine out over the water about 12,000 feet to a lighthouse. On the way out I noticed that it was going at a pretty good clip, which turned out to be a tail wind. After circling the lighthouse and taking a few pics I started it back and noticed that it was going very slowly. That's when I realized the wind was now a headwind. It was hairy as hell but got it back at 11% battery. That was almost a disaster.

Guys ..... you are VERY lucky .....

Nigel

I've got my P3S 2 years ago. First year and half was going back and forward to warranty.... It would not fly over 200 meters.
After a huge fight I manage them to give me a new one. Now it flies 600 ish meters and I thought I was happy till I read here everyone goes miles and miles...
How do you do that?
Mine is as it comes and I use only DJI GO.

I've got my P3S 2 years ago. First year and half was going back and forward to warranty.... It would not fly over 200 meters.
After a huge fight I manage them to give me a new one. Now it flies 600 ish meters and I thought I was happy till I read here everyone goes miles and miles...
How do you do that?

Because idiots like me - modify them !

I fiited Argtek Antenna's - that gave me roughly double average range. Sometimes 3x .. 4x ... depending on environment.
Then I fitted double reflectors ... that gave me approx 3x average stock range.

With powered boosters and change of antenna's - I got over 5000m ..... but in fact in the end I lost it in the river by exceeding battery capability range in wind.

I now have a Pro and I'm happy with its stock range ...

Nigel

This morning I went 15,500' & returned to land with 9% battery..I was a little concerned to say the least. It was about 38 degrees with no or almost no wind. This is in what I would call an optional location to fly. I NEVER lost signal or video. I manually activated rth at about 52% battery. Talk about sweating bullets[/

How do you do that?
I use the itelite DBS antenna. From what I have read it seems to be the best for signal and range. Mine never lost signal or video during that flight. It was however a prefect place to fly. And that makes all the difference. In the city I'm lucky to get a mile. Fly in a rural setting if possible it will make a difference even with a stock drone

you went 15000 feet one way in 38 degree weather?i have gone 3 miles one way with my phantom 3 pro but not in that temp..id say you were very lucky to say the least.

you went 15000 feet one way in 38 degree weather?i have gone 3 miles one way with my phantom 3 pro but not in that temp..id say you were very lucky to say the least.
I use the DBS antenna for 5.8 and use the MaxxRange for 2.4.

Does anybody know the dBi for the Itelite DBS range extender? They do not specify on their site nor will they divulge when asked.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor