How does the Map work on a Tablet

Reaction score
I am using the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 with my P4.
Had two flights now.
On the last flight I noticed the Map was just a green.(might have been the same on first flight) I.E no map shown. It did show the drone direction indicator ok in the map screen. Is that normal ? Its not a phone and does not have and internet nearby of course when outside. I can see the map when indoors connected to the internet.
It is connected to the controler ok. Does the controler not load/refresh the map to the Tab ?
P4 flew fine and I kept my eyes on it most of the time. Camera was working ok and could see that on the Tab 4. I just wanted to see the map. Tapped that and it was just a green screen showing drone direction.

If the tab is not connected to wifi or the internet via LTE you have to cache the map before you leave the vicinity of your wifi. BUT I don't know how it is done. I use a Galaxy Tab S LTE and bought a SIM card so it has a cell connection.

Gps on the aircraft gets the geo location of the aircraft and based on that DJI Go app decides the coordinates of the map to be shown. It tries to get the map using the internet or from the cached maps if any saved previously. If it's able to get it, it displays along with aircraft position and direction else it just shows aircraft.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik