How do you get the log files out of the P4P+ controller? [SOLVED]

Reaction score
I tried plugging it into my PC but I could not access any files on the controller. The SD card seems to be empty which makes sense since I don't know how to get it to write the log files there.

Since the "Android Device" is integrated, I'm not sure how to access or export the log files. The included apps don't seem to offer that capability.

Thanks,
Don

Well I discovered how to review your flights and sync the log data to the DJI "Cloud". But there does not seem to be public access to this "Cloud" that I can find and I don't see any other way into the device to extract the files for use with any other app.

OK, so after a little bit of tinkering I found a way (albeit tedious) to get your log files out of your P4P+ controller:

Step 1. Sync your files from the Plus controller to the DJI cloud
Step 2. Install the DJI Go App on some other android (or IOS) device
Step 3. Open the app and on the connect page, click the little paper airplane in the top left corner.
Step 4. Log Into your DJI account.
Step 5. On the Flight Log page, sync the new device to the DJI cloud.
Step 6. The log files from your controller should now show up and are locally stored on your device.
Step 7. Next go to your File Explorer app and enable "view hidden files" in the options menu.
Step 8. Finally, (for Android) go to Device Storage\DJI\dji.pilot\Flight Record

The log files are there and you can move or copy them as desired.

If anyone knows of or finds an easier way, please post it.

Last edited:
Actually with the Pro (non plus version) there is no need to sync as your log files will be stored on whatever device you are using for DJI Go. The directory should be the same (at least for Android). The issue with the Plus is that the Android device is integrated and the internal storage is not directly accessible as a regular phone or tablet would be.

I thought P4Pro+ will store these files on the micro SD card on RC.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I was hoping that would be the case but it does not do that by default and I can't seem to find the setting that would enable this. That would be the ideal setup if anyone figures out how to do it.

Not to be a dummy, but where are they located and how can they be accessed? Does the device require internet access, like back to DJI cloud? Thanks again

Yes, both the controller and the 2nd device would need Internet access. The file location for Android is in step 8 above and that would be on the 2nd device.

Sent from my SM-G935V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thanks Don! - I had the same issue and used your steps plus used HD Sync. It works great. See below:
Okay here are the steps I've done to solve it. A big thanks to Labroides and Donald Brent! I followed Don's steps until step 7 and then I used HD Sync by Healthy Drones - HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters. Exactly what I was looking for. Issue solved.

Step 3. Open the app and on the connect page, click the little paper airplane in the top left corner.
Step 6. The log files from your controller locally stored on your device.
Step 7. Next download HD Sync from HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters and use their online service to view all records in full detail.

Cheers,
Robb

Reactions: gmagana
OK, so after a little bit of tinkering I found a way (albeit tedious) to get your log files out of your P4P+ controller:

Step 6. The log files from your controller should now show up and are locally stored on your device.
Step 7. Next go to your File Explorer app and enable "view hidden files" in the options menu.

I did all tat in my iPhone 7 Plus and synced but how do I get to the files on the iPhone?

ok i need more detail on step one. How do i do that. looked around on the controller. saw no way of doing that.

The P4P+ screen looks a little different, but here are the steps to sync the flight logs:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: azgeek
I know this is a old thread but the log files can be transferred from the application folder to the sd card for use on a pc or transfer to a new controller etc

Access via
Settings
All applications
File Explorer - also shows instagram/Facebook etc is installed

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.