How do in film

Reaction score
guys, maybe it's a stupid question but I thought I'd ask whilst bored on this night shift.
Looking at doing a vid around my van. Basically van stationary and I want to fly my drone in a circle around it with the camera constantly pointing towards it. Now I know if I do this manually it will look crap and the van will constantly be going in and out of view. Is it possible to set a course for the drone to follow whilst maintains view on the object.

Reactions: Advexure
Not a stupid question by any means and I'm sure there are other folks out there now or in the near future with the same question.

It is most definitely possible to do what you are trying to do using the autonomous functions on the Phantom, namely ActiveTrack. This would be done within the DJI GO App. You can also carry out this type of shot with a little more sophistication using Litchi or AutoPilot which are third party apps developed through the DJI SDK program which are compatible with the Phantom.

Best of luck! :cool:

Wouldn't the orbit custom shot accomplish this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

ActiveTrack won't work for this shot. You'll want to use the Point of Interest flight mode as shown below.

Reactions: Pothole and Flier
Hover precisely above your car. Activate Point of Interest flight mode. This will record the cars posision as the centre of a circle to fly.
Then pull the drone backwards to the diameter you want to fly around. Set speed clockwise or anticlockwise and engage. Make sure the entire flight patch (circle) is free of obstacles. When you engage you can choose which way to turn the camera/drone but your van is always in the centre of the circle.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The DJI poi mode will do it (as explained). You could also use litchi or autopilot to create a corkscrew waypoint path, circling while increasing horizontal distance and altitude can look cool.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT