How do I get Dji assistant 2?

Reaction score
I watched the video on updating firmware it said you need to go to dji assistant 2. I looked in the App Store on my iPad Air 2 with no luck. I also have the dji go app I downloaded and it has the p4 but I can't find anything on assistant 2? Can I do it with just my iPad or dose it have to be a computer?

there is some youtube videos on it today says don't have to use computer real easy

You can do it just with your mobile device... just connect it with the OTG cable directly...

Am I crazy or do your instructions specifically state download DJI assistant 2 on PC?

Im having issues getting the GO application to recognize the phantom over USB, would be nice to use the PC tool.
The instructions near the bottom that deal with usb on the aircraft are for when we have the assistant 2 pic software. Currently you can only use the DJI go app update process. You connect the remote to your smartphone as always. Update that way

Here's the link to the DJI Assitant 2 software without the secretly embedded affiliate link in post #7.

Does it make a difference whether you update firmware with the DGI GO app on your tablet, or the DJI Assistant on your computer? I watched third party tutorials that recommend the DJI Assistant, but the DJI tutorial video shows the DJI GO app being used before the DJI Assistant, but it doesn't recommend one way over the other.

Would say GO app is intended for "dummies" where all is done automatically (craft, RC, batteries) without extra PC or cable, whereas Assistant2 is more "expert mode like" used when things are ie going wrong with GO app or revert to previous firmware, at least until now..

More features such as VPS calibration where PC screen is needed for matching with patterns.

Other problems are also indirectly workaround by Assistant2 such as when running on PC connected to Ethernet cable: avoid connection issues caused by craft and RC interfering with your distant-weak home router wi-fi signal, causing download install to hold or fail.

Last edited:
Reactions: JWH

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj