How do i connect fpv goggles to my Phantom 4

Reaction score
Hi I am new to the DJI Phantom 4 Prof and have bought some fpv goggles to use with it. The goggles have loads of settings to receive video pics but non pick up the output direct from the drones Camera. The Goggles do have video in ports so wondered if i need something else to get them to work.???
Anyone out there able to help???
Cheers
Colin

Install the DJI module to your controller and your on your way. I did it in Ten minutes and got a pair of Avegant Glyph glasses. Love it.

Which goggles do you own?

Install the DJI module to your controller and your on your way. I did it in Ten minutes and got a pair of Avegant Glyph glasses. Love it.
Is the DJI Module software or hardware??? If Hardware where do i get it from??
Cheers

Last edited:
msinger, in your opinion, which fpv goggles are the best relative to 1) performance, 2) value, and 3) easy to use.?
After trying most of the commonly used FPV goggles, I can tell you none of them are perfect. I'd recommend you choose based on the features that'll best fit you (rather than choosing by price/value). Currently, the Avegant Glyph headset is the best option for me.

Reactions: Craig H
I agree with Craig, with the glyphs you can see above the goggles to keep a line of sight and below the goggles to use the controller.

I have never used a FPV VR goggle. I have a P4P and was wondering the FPV goggles that hold an iPhone (7 plus) is any good visually ?
What features should I look for in such a goggle ? Any list for them ?
Thanks.

OK you guys I have fitted a HDMI port to my remote but still have no output to my glasses F640 5.8G Wireless FPV Goggles 62" LCD Screen Display HD Video Glasses. They are advertised on Ebay as being compatible with drones, and actually show a picture of my drone on the advertisement. Contacted the seller but all they say is refer to the drone instructions. No help at all. So how do i get a connection that will work or have i not set up my RC to transmit pics???
Cheers
Colin

You have to use an HDMI cable to connect the Hdmi port from the module you just installed on transmitter to hdmi input port on goggles. Also there's a setting in Go app to have video output on both tablet/phone and Hdmi output port

Tried to get a HDMI cable to connect the glasses but the inlet port on the glasses is an RF inlet port that is like a four stage 2m Jack plug. Went to Maplin and the local TV shop but no luck

I would think it would have to be a hdmi on both ends, I had to get a cable that was mini on one end and micro to the goggles

OK you guys I have fitted a HDMI port to my remote but still have no output to my glasses F640 5.8G Wireless FPV Goggles 62" LCD Screen Display HD Video Glasses. They are advertised on Ebay as being compatible with drones, and actually show a picture of my drone on the advertisement. Contacted the seller but all they say is refer to the drone instructions. No help at all. So how do i get a connection that will work or have i not set up my RC to transmit pics???
Cheers
Colin
I looked at these goggles on eBay that you purchased. They DO NOT have any way to plug in a HDMI cable they are made for flying the racing type of drones that transmit a 5.8 ghz signal. You need to get any goggles that have a HDMI input. There are a lot of different goggles like FatShark V3, Avegant Glyph, Head Play, & more. I use the FatSharks & like them very much they also come with the HDMI cable with the correct connectors on both ends so you don't need to find adapters to make them work.

I looked at these goggles on eBay that you purchased. They DO NOT have any way to plug in a HDMI cable they are made for flying the racing type of drones that transmit a 5.8 ghz signal. You need to get any goggles that have a HDMI input. There are a lot of different goggles like FatShark V3, Avegant Glyph, Head Play, & more. I use the FatSharks & like them very much they also come with the HDMI cable with the correct connectors on both ends so you don't need to find adapters to make them work.
Hi
Many thanks. I got back to the company and you are dead right. No HDMI port and wrong frequency. I am returning them to the company for a refund
Cheers
Colin

Hi
Many thanks. I got back to the company and you are dead right. No HDMI port and wrong frequency. I am returning them to the company for a refund. If you look at the add you will see it is misleading because although they do give the frequency it is alongside the picture of a phantom and the caption "Connect Drones You can experiance flying in the Sky and overlooking the Land " Will buy some Fat Shark specs
Cheers
Colin

I have a very positive experience with Skyzone SJ-V01 (almost equivalent to Headplay). Immersive, very good image, easy to use and setup.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl