How can I safely crack from CE to FCC ?

Hi Guys,

I live in Australia and I recently bought the P3S. Can someone please advise how to safely hack the RC/AC so that it works on FCC mode rather than CE mode thus increasing the wifi signal strength and increasing the range ?

I tried this with the Icarus app and followed the instructions but the app was stuck saying "20% complete" and I bricked my drone resulting in the RC no longer showing the wifi network on my mobile. Luckily the they replaced the entire unit for me and now I have a new unit.

I need to know what the steps are to safely do this to increase range and video quality perhaps with magic power. I am nervous to do it again since i've been burnt once. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LG
...Not sure many people GET what you are trying to ask or achieve here;
I DO!
I'm searching for any update on this, but THIS is one file I found on the forum, which supposedly lets you switch from CE MODE (here in Australia) TO FCC (USA) standards, hence (as the box says as you point out); changing from '500m in CE mode' TO '1000m in FCC mode';

"
Few days ago there was a firmware update, came with the new APP version (3.1.23). You can be sure, you are in FCC mode, if you can fly further than 1-2km, your FW version is 1.3.20, and your APP version is 3.1.22 (or 3.1.18).
I had this combination of softwares, and I happily flew my 2km. The new APP came out, updated automatically, and that forced me (not sure) to install the FW 1.5.40. At that point, after the upgrade, I got the WiFi settings changing message, because of the localisation. The sad part just arrived to my life, I was limited to 600m (drops from 500m), and I spent my ast 2 days with firmware upgrades, downgrades, APP old, working versions downloading, etc... And here's the solution, if you accidently upgraded...
1. Downgrade the FW to 1.3.20 (using the BIN file on SD card, it works).
2. Put your bird somewhere, where is no GPS coverage (not a single satellite).
3. Using FakeGPS Free tell to your baby, you are in the USA. (On your mobile, use just GPS based location, no wifi, mobile, etc). As soon as your plane gets GPS signal, the new APP immediately switches to CE mode, so when it's done, next step:
4: Download the old APP, I use 3.1.18, but as far as I remember, it worked with the 3.1.22, not tried yet. That version of the APP doesn't give a s**t about the GPS based localisation settings, so as soon as you installed it, you can switch off the FakeGPS, and based on your bird is in FCC mode already, just enjoy your FCC mode!
Important (obviously):
Stay with 1.3.20 Firmware, and 3.1.22 APP, and you can use FCC anywhere."

* I also found this link to download the old app;
DJI GO APK 3.1.23 download (free) - best apps by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

...Not sure many people GET what you are trying to ask or achieve here;
I DO!
I'm searching for any update on this, but THIS is one file I found on the forum, which supposedly lets you switch from CE MODE (here in Australia) TO FCC (USA) standards, hence (as the box says as you point out); changing from '500m in CE mode' TO '1000m in FCC mode';

"
Few days ago there was a firmware update, came with the new APP version (3.1.23). You can be sure, you are in FCC mode, if you can fly further than 1-2km, your FW version is 1.3.20, and your APP version is 3.1.22 (or 3.1.18).
I had this combination of softwares, and I happily flew my 2km. The new APP came out, updated automatically, and that forced me (not sure) to install the FW 1.5.40. At that point, after the upgrade, I got the WiFi settings changing message, because of the localisation. The sad part just arrived to my life, I was limited to 600m (drops from 500m), and I spent my ast 2 days with firmware upgrades, downgrades, APP old, working versions downloading, etc... And here's the solution, if you accidently upgraded...
1. Downgrade the FW to 1.3.20 (using the BIN file on SD card, it works).
2. Put your bird somewhere, where is no GPS coverage (not a single satellite).
3. Using FakeGPS Free tell to your baby, you are in the USA. (On your mobile, use just GPS based location, no wifi, mobile, etc). As soon as your plane gets GPS signal, the new APP immediately switches to CE mode, so when it's done, next step:
4: Download the old APP, I use 3.1.18, but as far as I remember, it worked with the 3.1.22, not tried yet. That version of the APP doesn't give a s**t about the GPS based localisation settings, so as soon as you installed it, you can switch off the FakeGPS, and based on your bird is in FCC mode already, just enjoy your FCC mode!
Important (obviously):
Stay with 1.3.20 Firmware, and 3.1.22 APP, and you can use FCC anywhere."

* I also found this link to download the old app;
DJI GO APK 3.1.23 download (free) - best apps by DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD

There is also a vid on youtube showing how to do this.

I had 2 P3Standards, it uses wifi not radio signal and I found after 500m I started to loose range...
Sent them back and got the advanced then the pro then the P4 now the Mavic which has the best range. I use Litchi with goggles mostly, which you can send your P3S on a longer mission with waypoints.

Reactions: smackc4
you can do this with firmware 1.7.9 also with the newest dji go by changing the flight parameters via notepad++, you can disable alt limit, force fcc max tx power, make the p3s go faster and a lot more, saw 1 vid a while ago and i currently own the software, so i might be flashing it on my p3s sometime soon

you used to be able to in settings go to country tap on it 10 times, enter and change country to USA but with the updates this has stopped. you could back date possibly

you used to be able to in settings go to country tap on it 10 times, enter and change country to USA but with the updates this has stopped. you could back date possibly
that's interesting...

But I don't use an android - I have an iphone7. Any ideas? With all that I've done I still only get about 120m on the outskirts of town - still lots of "interference" as reported on the DJI GO app!

I used to get a lot of interference, too. I bought a 4W 2.4g and a 5W 5.8g wireless booster made by SINMAX from Amazon, hooked them up with the cables that came with them, and not only do I get great range now, but don’t get so many interference messages.
The total cost was $78.97. I only got one 2.4g amp because I read on here that’s all I really need, and I don’t want to spend more than I have to.
I hope you find your solution.

I had 2 P3Standards, it uses wifi not radio signal and I found after 500m I started to loose range...
Sent them back and got the advanced then the pro then the P4 now the Mavic which has the best range. I use Litchi with goggles mostly, which you can send your P3S on a longer mission with waypoints.
Side comment; so mavic range is better than P4?

I used to get a lot of interference, too. I bought a 4W 2.4g and a 5W 5.8g wireless booster made by SINMAX from Amazon, hooked them up with the cables that came with them, and not only do I get great range now, but don’t get so many interference messages.
The total cost was $78.97. I only got one 2.4g amp because I read on here that’s all I really need, and I don’t want to spend more than I have to.
I hope you find your solution.
I want to buy a 5.8g amp, but WHAT do you use to power it?
Can't find much suitable on ebay...

I want to buy a 5.8g amp, but WHAT do you use to power it?
Can't find much suitable on ebay...

I actually use a lipo that I bought on Amazon that, when I’m not using it here, still powers my X8C Syma quad. It’s only 7.4v, but the amps require 6-16v.

I was worried about heat, since the lower voltage should mean higher amperage through the amp, but after a 12 minute flight, I felt the amp, and it was just barely warm.

That is because you are in US and by default you are therefore in FCC mode. So you actually dont have to do any mods. The drone knows you are in US and activates FCC mode giving you the full wifi strength. We are not so lucky !!!
Amen (from a fellow Aussie)

Hi Guys,

I live in Australia and I recently bought the P3S. Can someone please advise how to safely hack the RC/AC so that it works on FCC mode rather than CE mode thus increasing the wifi signal strength and increasing the range ?

I tried this with the Icarus app and followed the instructions but the app was stuck saying "20% complete" and I bricked my drone resulting in the RC no longer showing the wifi network on my mobile. Luckily the they replaced the entire unit for me and now I have a new unit.

I need to know what the steps are to safely do this to increase range and video quality perhaps with magic power. I am nervous to do it again since i've been burnt once. Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
LG
Jes**CHR*8!!! - Can anyone just PIN THE ANSWER HERE??
Finally I'm allocating time to downgrade BOTH the firmware and APP (using I believe FAKE GPS) in the process, and TRYING TO FIND THE ANSWER is a NIGHTMARE because I have to sift through what is now a MOUNTAIN of (sound) THEORY, but all I want IS THE Version number/s of these (and a link would be cool) : * JUST for the P3S! (as per the section this is); NOT the PRO, NOT the E...JUST something that WORKS for the STANDARD!
/Vent over..for now :cool::p;)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z