HoodiVision PatHat Air Sun Shade for iPad Air

Hola , What model its this ,. The hook & Loop or the magnetic, Whats the difference?

thanks for Help !! :)

Hola , What model its this ,. The hook & Loop or the magnetic, Whats the difference?

thanks for Help !! :)
send me $12 and you can have mine they suck real world! Sides bow out and have to almost lay tablet flat to look at also velco tabs are a must as winds of 5mph cause the sticky tabs to let lose . So then you have Velcro tabs on your Ipad even when not using. That sucks
I have tried 6 different shades for $10 - 45$ and I have to give this one a 9 out of 10 but hey its your money try if you want
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26180844288...49&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Reactions: Mike Mauk
Hey sky. How many grams does that weigh?

any and all input on what 'hood' will work for an air 2 is appreciated. I tend to fly in the morning and if I can't jump under a tree (and often none are available) the screen is nearly useless without some type of shade/hood

send me $12 and you can have mine they suck real world! Sides bow out and have to almost lay tablet flat to look at also velco tabs are a must as winds of 5mph cause the sticky tabs to let lose . So then you have Velcro tabs on your Ipad even when not using. That sucks
I have tried 6 different shades for $10 - 45$ and I have to give this one a 9 out of 10 but hey its your money try if you want
http://www.ebay.com/itm/261808442882?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I had this one for my Ipad Mini 2 and liked it a lot, worked well and folded flat. Is there room in the mount for the Air 2 with this shade?? The air 2 is 6.6" wide and the mount opens to 6.75", that doesn't leave much room. The reason I ask is I sold my Mini 2 due to lag and blips after getting to warm, and ordered a Air 2

I had this one for my Ipad Mini 2 and liked it a lot, worked well and folded flat. Is there room in the mount for the Air 2 with this shade?? The air 2 is 6.6" wide and the mount opens to 6.75", that doesn't leave much room.
Fits like a charm

Attachments

• good (3).JPG
    good (3).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 902
Reactions: F6Rider
any and all input on what 'hood' will work for an air 2 is appreciated. I tend to fly in the morning and if I can't jump under a tree (and often none are available) the screen is nearly useless without some type of shade/hood
tried many to include these the first is to wide by inch on each side made it floppy, 2nd to shallow didn't block enough sun 3rd crap from the word go as stated above and 4th works really good the back is cut this for holder as seen in last photo
Best so far
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26180844288...49&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Attachments

• wide (1).JPG
    wide (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 730
  • IMG_1235.JPG
    IMG_1235.JPG
    940.5 KB · Views: 790
  • IMG_1394.JPG
    IMG_1394.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 916
  • good (4).JPG
    good (4).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 864
  • good (1).JPG
    good (1).JPG
    905.5 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:
Awesome, thanks, my Air gets here Friday, the iPad mini 2 is in the mail, and I won't be flying for a few days as today it was 103º, tomorrow 107º, and Friday maybe even higher, then cools down into the 90's again.
the padhat did work for the ipad mini as not as tall so didn't fold over but the ipad air version is crap just to wobbly

tried many to include these the first is to wide by inch on each side made it floppy, 2nd to shallow didn't block enough sun 3rd crap from the word go as stated above and 4th works really good the back is cut this for holder as seen in last photo

I just ordered the one you linked on on ebay,,,unforunately it takes a few weeks to get here,,but at least I know some relief is on the way
THANKS!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261808442882?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=560671871528&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Hello. First off, if you bought the shade in the last 30 days, we have an unconditional guarantee so you could return it for a full refund.

That said we take issue with your comments about our product. We have the only shade on the market for DJI controllers that truly and actually blocks glare and reflection on the surface of the iPad. The other shade you reference does not block glare and reflection. In fact a 90 degree shade must be 16-20"high to accomplish what the PadHat does in 8".

Jim Bonnardel, Owner DIY Drones.com and President of Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego sent this to us unsolicited:

"I wanted to comment on the perfect angle of the PadHat.
There are a few guys showing up at the field with other brand shades, as well as home made ones.
Everyone complains about the glare and reflection. With the other shades, at a 90 degree angle, the screens are a perfect mirror showing the pilot their own reflection.
HoodiVision shades have that perfect angle that completely eliminates that. As soon as I show them my shades, they realize that the PadHat is the best out there."

Here is Jim using the PadHat with his Inspire 1

Bonnardel 1.jpg
Bonnardel 2.jpg

The "bowing" you referred to is by design so that the shade opens wider for better hand access.
The Hook velcro pieces to attach to the rear sides of the iPad or case are super thin, hold strongly and are easily removed. They were added as a request by pilots.

Our PadHat shades are used by pros all over the world ands are currently on a shoot in Chernobyl, Russia by documentary filmmaker Philip Grossman accompanied by DJI personnel.

CIRQW4FUAAAvxcs.jpg

The HoodiVision PadHat is the number 1 shade for pilots. Nothing else comes close.

Sincerely,
The HoodiVision Team

Attachments

• CIRQW4FUAAAvxcs.jpg
    CIRQW4FUAAAvxcs.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 523
Reactions: snerd
Best so far
Hello again.

After finding the pic of the severely altered PadHat on this post we would like to point out that you received one of about 100 shades that accidentally had the wing tabs sewn too high on the wing sides. The proper placement of the wing tabs is along the bottom edges sewn into the black trim. On the Inspire 1 threads we posted this issue and said we would exchange any shade with the wing tabs sewn to high for a new replacement free of charge. The correct wing tabs are double sided with NanoStik on the bottom and Loop velcro on the top. Most pilots adhere Hook velcro pieces to the rear sides of the iPad or case for a great hold. These pieces are super thin with a very strong adhesion and easily removed.

To see how both bottom NanoStik and top Loop velcro work please go here.

This would would also explain what you perceive as extreme bowing and too low as it pulls the shade down too far.

Please contact Kev [email protected] to discuss.

Sincerely,
The HoodiVision Team

Last edited:
Reactions: snerd
Hello. First off, if you bought the shade in the last 30 days, we have an unconditional guarantee so you could return it for a full refund.

That said we take issue with your comments about our product. We have the only shade on the market for DJI controllers that truly and actually blocks glare and reflection on the surface of the iPad. The other shade you reference does not block glare and reflection. In fact a 90 degree shade must be 16-20"high to accomplish what the PadHat does in 8".

Jim Bonnardel, Owner DIY Drones.com and President of Silent Electric Flyers of San Diego sent this to us unsolicited:

"I wanted to comment on the perfect angle of the PadHat.
There are a few guys showing up at the field with other brand shades, as well as home made ones.
Everyone complains about the glare and reflection. With the other shades, at a 90 degree angle, the screens are a perfect mirror showing the pilot their own reflection.
HoodiVision shades have that perfect angle that completely eliminates that. As soon as I show them my shades, they realize that the PadHat is the best out there."

Here is Jim using the PadHat with his Inspire 1

View attachment 23066 View attachment 23067

The "bowing" you referred to is by design so that the shade opens wider for better hand access.
The Hook velcro pieces to attach to the rear sides of the iPad or case are super thin, hold strongly and are easily removed. They were added as a request by pilots.

Our PadHat shades are used by pros all over the world ands are currently on a shoot in Chernobyl, Russia by documentary filmmaker Philip Grossman accompanied by DJI personnel.

View attachment 23069

The HoodiVision PadHat is the number 1 shade for pilots. Nothing else comes close.

Sincerely,
The HoodiVision Team

Yes and if you notice in your posted photos you must lay the ipad flat to see under the hood Which makes you lay the antennas down there by making reception bad as they are suppose to be at 90 deg to bird the tips are the dead spot . So as I stated it is crap!
And yes it is altered as I tried many things to salvage what is a piss poor product. If the sides had a more solid piece in them they may stand up better in the wind or just in general but the angle needed to view still causes the reception issue
I have used the padhat for ipad mini and this product is a whole different story due to its size it stays up and you don't need to lay antennas down so if you use a Ipad mini your product is great but for the ipad air it sucks or at the very least the one you sent me does.Order ID 2527
Bonnardel 2.jpg

Last edited:
The PadHat is the only shade I've found that really works. I tried 3 others, but the 90° angle just does NOT block the sunlight. The 70° angle on the Hoodivision is the trick that works for me!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic