Homemade windsurfer results

A small question!The CE (European) version has limit to 500m as far as I know.
By the videos that I have seen so far,when the limit is reached the P3S doesnt go any further.
How you go pass this limit with just a windsurfer?How you trick the app?

I ask because I got my surfer yesterday and I havent tried it yet due to bad weather.

Thank you!

CE is ball parked to 500 just like north america is 1000 it's not a actual limit it might go further or less. (Conditions) the limit you might be speaking of is altitude which will stop you at 500m and yes there are ways around it(YouTube) but really the average person or a safe flyer will never really want to or care to go higher. I flew to 300m in the mountains just to clear them and it's plenty high.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

He didn't mean height, he meant the range of transmission in the CE region.

I know about the 500m height limit.I thought that the distance limit is 500m also.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Looks backwards to me. Shouldn't the foil be to the inside?

Doesn't matter. The reflective properties don't depend on what side of the paper the foil is on.

Reactions: finalfantasyfan
That's correct. Just looks a bit odd to me.

Flew with it 1st time today. Got 1600ft and got scared. Perfect RC signal. Going to try further later today!

Flew with it 1st time today. Got 1600ft and got scared. Perfect RC signal. Going to try further later today!

1600ft? Do you mean 16000 ft? With windsurfer, I flew my P3S with Windsurfer to 12600 ft before RTH triggered.

4986ea31911167c955f8cf58a3b8ade7.jpg

New record 8766ft! with surfer lost video and Rc at same time. I hope whe the ARGtek shows up I get a gain and not waste my time installing it.

Edit: today 9268ft

Last edited:
Well, did my test over the last 2 days. The bigger one I made from the video I posted earlier did better. I set my max distance to 2000 ft since still newer to this. Small one only made it 1600ft and started getting bad. Big one was full video and signal, I just got scared and decided to bring it back.

Being safe is a good call but Come on don't scared that's 600m. Are you flying in a open area? If so give'er. City, well fine safety first

It looks like you are flying an advanced or pro, so no comment on distance. I have a standard, only was able to get 1000 ft max before in City without windsurfer. Doubling made me happy. Plus I am following FAA guidelines for sight.

New personal best. Video lost, Rc still 2 bars at this distance

411f756326fadcce86ead3e7dd1afe93.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl