my windsurfer experience

Reaction score
my windsurfer arrived off the slow boat the other day, and i found time to to give it a try yesterday. no extra range over stock antenna, i did expect that due to los, but what i didnt expect was the negative impact on the 2.4 ! i will have to try it again to confirm it was due to the windsurfer, but my video feed was bad, real bad. has anyone else seen negative performance on the 2.4 with a windsurfer installed ?

It makes it more directional than the stock antenna, so make sure you are pointing at the drone while using.
I saw a 30-40% range increase when using it.

It makes it more directional than the stock antenna, so make sure you are pointing at the drone while using.
I saw a 30-40% range increase when using it.
Same here... I also have the power magic 5 mod installed.

I bought mine several months ago , range was worse with it , though that was several updates ago , and we all know how that goes , haven't used it since .

my range (5.8) was normal with no gain, but my 2.4 was very noticibly different, it went from ok to really bad at distance. not sure if the windsurfer is blocking the the wifi panels somewhat or ?

sounds like your in an area with a lot of wifi interference remember when folks are home and using the net the signal interference is alittle stronger. I find flying while my neighbors are at work I get better WIFI signal over a longer range. try using the windsurfer in an open area like crop fields or a cemetery use with and without to compare, but as mentioned make sure your accurately pointed at the drone

I got over 11,000 ft with my P3s and a wind surfer. I was flying over WiFi free farmlands.

Reactions: epicdoom

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl